Tuesday, December 27, 2011

hiding out

Well, I'm supposed to be working on narratives but I have been more interested in doing other things. Mostly I had to make sure I completed my 11 shawls for 2011 and I did. I just left my calendar with all my dates at home.  I've finished two books (one just today!) and I even answered a letter late last night! I haven't been neglecting my narratives completely though. I'm about halfway finished (about). I have at least a week and a half to completely have them finished. I'm just feeling so uninspired.
My sister arrived the day before Christmas Eve. We baked cookies on Christmas Eve. We made lace cookies (which were delicious though not the definitely not enough cookies!), chocolate covered peanut butter balls, and brown butter toffee cookies (can't find the exact link). We were supposed to make some other cookies but might not get to those until we are back at our own home. (We are dog sitting again!).
The hubs made Christmas dinner (with the help of my sister) and it was delicious. *Apparently so delicious that no photos were taken for posterity's sake!  And we now know why you're supposed to get up at about 6 in the morning to have dinner prepared. We didn't eat until about 11pm! lol. We still have TONS of food too. Everything turned out really well (everything that was actually cooked). We still have green bean casserole that wasn't made or candied yams! teehee.
Okay now for shawl pictures. :) They've all been done for a while. I just hadn't had time to have the hubs take pictures of them all.
First up is the forest ridge lace shawl which has been finished since last month. This photo is not true to color though.
Next up is shredded. It was in the bind off that I ran into some problems. Oh well, too late to turn back.


And here is silver fox (just thought of that name right now!). Here she is blocking.
 A close-up of blocking.
Fully blocked and not true to color. I'd say that the blocking shots are a bit truer to color. Though these last two shots helped me come up with the name!

And finally, purple majesty.  Here she is blocking.
 Another blocking shot--pardon the bad coloring. It was difficult to get it to even look purple!
 Isn't she pretty?

I also finished up a cocoon me cowl.  Though no pictures yet as it is still blocking. Though I do have flower pictures! Our Christmas cactus finally bloomed. It only ever has had one flower and this one decided to open up on Christmas Eve day. :) 


 And here's one of the orchid we got back in March. I'm surprised it's still living. I'm even more surprised that it sprouted another branch with all these buds that are actually opening up!
If you don't hear from me again before the new year, I hope everyone has a good one and I'll see you next year. ;)

4 comments:

  1. The shawls are beautiful but I LOVE the purple one. Of course purple is my favorite color. Happy New Year to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your shawls are impressive :)

    Congrats on your Christmas cactus blooming on Christmas. Beautiful orchid!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great job on the shawls! Do you made it? Did all 11 in 2011?

    Love shredded! Never seen that pattern before. Crazy different!

    Love that the cactus blossomed on Xmas! Pretty color! And those orchids are beautiful! Do they usually last that long?

    Hope you had a lovely new year!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!