Monday, April 20, 2009

blogging funk

Apparently, I'm now a permanent rider on this crazy train. Life has gotten even more crazy (if that's possible!) and I'm in the midst of a lull-at least I'm going to treat it as such. I can't believe how long it's been since my last post. I think about blogging but then I think, who still keeps up with my blog anyway?? I know, poo poo on me. I've taken on a few more projects other than the something blue..and I even went back to dig something old out to get crackin' on. And now before you, the montage of knitting that I has been keeping me busy.
the beginnings of my crack socks
the beginnings of a wedding shawl
here's what something blue looked like a few days after my last post
and this is what she looks like now!
a still blocking shot of my butternut scarf
and here's what came back from the dead--a vintage rose sock!
There was also some mail.
3rd installment of plucky classics.
I present to you bev's lava lamp.
bells of ireland from three irish girls sock yarnista club. my final sundara seasons shipment. :(viridescent in aran silky merino
For the first time in a while, I clicked on the loopy groupies sneak-up email the other day and picked up the following:
sapphire green in malabrigo worsted.
stone blue in malabrigo worsted
There was a visit to see the folks..
the monkey and part of her presents from me (a pair of circular needles and some leftover yarn!)
here she is, hard at work, as usual!
here she is with another present from me (a tape measure!)--not wanting to pose for the camera!
And this was from yesterday..she was making a face and then turned her head! There is an impending move, a wedding, and a new job in my very near future. Everything is still very up in the air though so I haven't much to tell.

7 comments:

  1. Boy oh Boy, I would love to have any of them join my stash. The Monkeyface is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If I were you I wouldn't worry about your lacking of blogging. Looks like you have enough on your plate as it is to worry about!! I'll still be hear when you are ready to tell us more :)

    hugs {{{ }}}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you getting married girl!?? Or you are going to a wedding wearing a wedding shawl?? Confused here!!!

    Good luck with the move!

    You bought your niece circulars, yarn and a tape measure? She's old enough to knit now?? ;)

    Love the Irish Girls yarn. Also love the Crack Socks. GREEN!

    And something blue is coming out nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry about blogging - we'll still be here when you are ready - sounds like you have a lot going on!

    The yarn is gorgeous - all of it.

    Good luck with your impending changes!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i'm not much better about blogging, so i can't say anything about that. : )

    man, you do look busy. good luck with everything! i hope things calm down for you, at least a little bit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I still check with ya! I would love to see your stash room- all those beautiful yarns in one place! Your niece is so precious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. mmm mmmm malabrigo....

    i've been in a blog funk too... hopefully i'll get back on track soon.

    my iPod grew legs and walked away at school after my concert :-( My laptop has no memory left... so I'm forseeing some major electronic gadget purchases in the future which of course means less yarn $...

    hope the crazy train stops (we just did that song today in 5th grade... how funny... they figured out the harmony)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!