Wednesday, May 6, 2009
Happy Birthday To Me!
My birthday began with a lil party @ school. It was the second week in a row we had a teacher birthday party in my class! My teaching partner's bday is the week before mine. For some reason, this group of parents would much rather have celebrations before school begins-which makes life hell for us but whatever. We are a no sugar school so rather than have fruit and other naturally sweetened stuff (like cakes made with fruit juice or what have you) I got bagels. I had a bagel 'cake' if you will and that's it. UGH. I cannot stand the sight of bagels anymore. I don't even like saying or typing the word--that's how much I've had it with bagels. I've had a school year chock full of TOO many bagels.
I received a couple of individual gifts from some of the children. The best gift was Wendy's Sock book:
Oh my gosh! I don't know how my student knew I had been wanting that book and I even told her how I had been wanting it. She said she just knew she should get it for me. :) I also received a beautiful basket full of yarn that I wouldn't necessarily use and some pattern books:
My sister sent flowers that are in the colors of the flowers I want for the wedding. 
I also received a gardenia plant from my friend at work.
We (my sister, fiance, and I) had dinner @ Cha Cha Cha. Usually we do Mexican for my birthday but this year I wasn't in the mood for it. Typically I know where I want to go for my birthday dinner too and this year, it just kind of snuck up on me.
The cake my sister got this year was fantastical!! It was a tiramisu cake. My sister asked if I wanted to have that cake every year and then she realized we won't be here next year which will be weird. I also finally got my 'big' present. :)
I can't wait to try it out! After dinner and cake, I think I went to bed. I was sooooooooooo exhausted.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Birthday Rhoda!!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like you had a great birthday! What is the big present???? Couldn't tell what it is and what beautiful, gorgeous flowers!
Have a great birthday weekend too! Spread the day out over the weekend...hee hee!!!
Happy birthday!!
ReplyDelete(p.s. I'm blogging again, I missed it too much :-) )
happy birthday!!! bagels for a birthday... boo! i'm glad you got a tasty cake as well. i'm with knittinwolf--i have no idea what the big present is. lol. : )
ReplyDeleteI have no idea what the "big" present is either - what is it??
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a great birthday despite the bagel cakes. And trust me, your bagels are nothing like our bagels. Montreal bagels are the best in the world. Seriously.