Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!

My birthday began with a lil party @ school. It was the second week in a row we had a teacher birthday party in my class! My teaching partner's bday is the week before mine. For some reason, this group of parents would much rather have celebrations before school begins-which makes life hell for us but whatever. We are a no sugar school so rather than have fruit and other naturally sweetened stuff (like cakes made with fruit juice or what have you) I got bagels. I had a bagel 'cake' if you will and that's it. UGH. I cannot stand the sight of bagels anymore. I don't even like saying or typing the word--that's how much I've had it with bagels. I've had a school year chock full of TOO many bagels. I received a couple of individual gifts from some of the children. The best gift was Wendy's Sock book: Oh my gosh! I don't know how my student knew I had been wanting that book and I even told her how I had been wanting it. She said she just knew she should get it for me. :) I also received a beautiful basket full of yarn that I wouldn't necessarily use and some pattern books: My sister sent flowers that are in the colors of the flowers I want for the wedding. I also received a gardenia plant from my friend at work. We (my sister, fiance, and I) had dinner @ Cha Cha Cha. Usually we do Mexican for my birthday but this year I wasn't in the mood for it. Typically I know where I want to go for my birthday dinner too and this year, it just kind of snuck up on me. The cake my sister got this year was fantastical!! It was a tiramisu cake. My sister asked if I wanted to have that cake every year and then she realized we won't be here next year which will be weird. I also finally got my 'big' present. :) I can't wait to try it out! After dinner and cake, I think I went to bed. I was sooooooooooo exhausted.

4 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Rhoda!!!

    Sounds like you had a great birthday! What is the big present???? Couldn't tell what it is and what beautiful, gorgeous flowers!

    Have a great birthday weekend too! Spread the day out over the weekend...hee hee!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday!!

    (p.s. I'm blogging again, I missed it too much :-) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. happy birthday!!! bagels for a birthday... boo! i'm glad you got a tasty cake as well. i'm with knittinwolf--i have no idea what the big present is. lol. : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have no idea what the "big" present is either - what is it??

    Looks like you had a great birthday despite the bagel cakes. And trust me, your bagels are nothing like our bagels. Montreal bagels are the best in the world. Seriously.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!