Sunday, September 20, 2009

fyi

we had to make an emergency trip down to socal late last night. i'll be blogging but i haven't decided it i'm going to wait to post them with pictures or just post them and you all will just have to wait for the pictures! i didn't think to bring my cord to upload pics from my camera to the computer!! i called a lil while ago to cancel and reschedule my interview that i had slated for tomorrow morning. oh, and i just checked my email and saw that the principal from the very last school i interviewed with said that she couldn't hire me before because she was unable to get a hold of any of the administrators i had listed as a reference!!!!!!! so now i know who to blame for my lack of a teaching position for the school year, my reference list. unbelievable. here i was beginning to think that i was just a horrible sell in this bad economy. oh, this principal emailed me to check in to see if we had moved to the bay area and to see if i had gotten a teaching position. she has a longterm sub position from november to january. not sure if it's worth it though. i have spent the day cleaning and tidying. i did a couple of loads of laundry (stuff that we brought here to my MIL's house), cleared out the dishwasher, filled it with the stuff that was in the sink, cleaned out the tomato bushes and watered them, fed the fish, cleaned out the fridge a bit, and relaxed with some Househusbands of Hollywood. lol. Sigh...how i miss being able to watch this garbage! yesterday we took the lil monkey to the aquarium. My husband had free tickets that were going to expire at the end of the month. he really wanted to take her too so off we went! We had a great time and for the most part, she was pretty well-behaved. she's growing up! she had spent friday night at my mom's house and ended up having to sleep in my room. She was supposed to sleep in her own lil bed but when she saw me in my bed, she wanted to come lie down in the bed too. Wait'll you see those pictures! I didn't sleep very much that night because I had a wiggly worm next to me that was hotter than heck. How can lil ones pack so much heat in them?? as for why the emergency trip down here, as of yesterday, my MIL hadn't woken up. My husband talked to her on the phone Friday night and she was up and talking for a bit afterwards and then went to sleep. She was alert yesterday though. Thank goodness. When we got to the hospital at 5:30 in the morning, she was asleep but she woke up while my husband was talking to her. I don't know what the plan of action is going to be next but my own mothe said we needed to be here. So here we are. I've been through a lot in the last week. I witnessed my own father being wheeled away in a hospital bed headed to surgery and I have seen my husband try to let go of his mother gracefully. I don't know how he does it. I know if the roles were switched, I would be an absolute wreck. When I looked at his mother this morning, my mom away from my own mom, lying in that hospital bed in a deep sleep, I pictured my own mother lying there and I started bawling. And as my husband and I made it through week #2 at my parents' house, in my hometown, I've raelized that he has grown to love it there and I'm actually okay with the possibility of settling down in my hometown (even though it's not anything I ever wanted for myself) because he's happy there. Can I tell you when we actually got to LA, I didn't feel as though I missed it. I miss my yarn shops and I miss my friends that are still here but it's not home.

4 comments:

  1. My heart breaks for you in this situation. I recently went through a similar situation with my MIL...I am praying for comfort for your families in this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for you and your family. Its been a tough year and I know what your going through...Love and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry you are going through such a tough time - sending you positive thoughts and hope that things get better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just to let you know, you're in my thoughts and prayers and your DH as well.. it's so hard to let a parent go, even when you know it's for the best.

    Things will get better..... trust!

    hugs

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!