Thursday, September 17, 2009

whew

What a week this has been! I have been MIA not because of the dial-up situation (that's actually becoming a bit more bearable believe it or not!) but my dad has been in the hospital. It all started with his stomach hurting really bad most of Monday. He was able to get an appointment to see a doctor but that proved to be useless! When my mom came home from work, that was when it was decided he should go to the ER. It was very long night at the ER (luckily I brought my last sleeve of sesame to work on!). It turned out that my dad has gallstones and the doctor decided that he was going to remove my dad's gallbladder completely since it was thickening so my dad was to be admitted to the hospital. Can I tell you that he didn't even want to go to the ER?? The surgery was done late yesterday afternoon and everything went fine. He spent a long time in recovery though because his bp wasn't going down. I've spent so much time in the hospital, I was able to complete all the knitting for my sesame! I'm a bit worried as to how it'll turn out once I block it and seam it though. Fingers crossed that it's a success! So now, I've nothing to knit. Is that possible? Don't I have anything in my knitting basket? Ohhh, I have my shrug to seam but that's about it. I'm going to start a shawl for my mom (finally). I'm thinking the forest canopy shawl. If I could just figure out what yarn to use. She wants something that'll go with everything which is a bit difficult to do with my stash right now! I also don't want to use anything lace or even fingering weight but most of my stash falls into those two categories! I don't want to have to purchase anything but I might have to! I thought about ishbel but I wanted her to have something that I haven't already made. Call me strange! I'll figure something out. While that is on hold, I just might finally get around to making my sushi wallet! I kept putting it off because I couldn't decide between the one with the big giant sushi or the one with the six mini ones. I'm still on the fence though. lol. Okay here is a pic of my sesame (before I had completed the knitting portion on both sleeves). And this is my final stash menagerie shipment (for now!). Boy do I regret having to give that up...sigh.. I also received my final installment of the sundara sock shipment but have yet to snap a shot of my skein. Next time! ETA! Well, next time has come. lol. Here's my skein of blush: Here is also sesame blocking. I realized I made a mistake!!! Hopefully I'll be able to amend this mistake once sesame has completed blocking. I realized that the sleeve that I sped through while @ the ER and the hospital in general is short 4 rows of ribbing. Ugh. Here's to hoping I can correct it! I also got around to finally seaming my ribbed lace bolero and I absolutely heart it. Such a great pattern and simple design! I've gotta block it still but I want to wear it all the time!! In other news, I actually have an interview this coming Monday! It's for a part-time preschool position so we'll see how it goes. I've been meaning to post about my MIL too! She is still in the hospital but will finally be getting released! We are hoping to see her when we head back down for my sister's first marathon!

6 comments:

  1. I hope your dad has a speedy recovery. I had a gallbladder attack in March and it was awful. I'd say even worse than childbirth because at least with birth I got something good out of it. All I got out of the gallbladder attack was surgery!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear your dad is OK and MIL is getting out of the hospital! Great news!! :) The forest canopy shawl is lovely- I say go for it. Your knitting looks great! The sushi wallet link didn't work for me though. I love sushi so I am very curious! Gonna go look it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mom just found out she has to have gall bladder surgery...weird so many are having this? Hope he has a speedy recovery!

    Love all your knitting. The forest canopy is a very fun knit...I've done it a couple of times and love the pattern. Yummy yarns you got there too!

    Good luck with your interview. I taught preschool for six years...fun but draining after awhile plus I always got every cold they brought to the center!:(

    Tell your sister good luck on her marathon too...whoohooo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your dad is ok (and MIL too!) - must have been a stressful time, but how nice you had knitting to help you manage!

    No knitting project - you have to cast on for three projects immediately ! :-)

    Can't wait to see what you decide to do - and good luck with the interview!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that your dad is okay and your MIL will be released from the hospital. Or has she already been released?

    Knitting projects look great!

    Nice skein of Sundara! I can't wait to get my final shipment from you in the mail - has it been mailed yet?? Let me know, so I can keep my eye open for it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. cute shrug! i'm glad to hear that your dad's surgery went well.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!