Friday, June 6, 2008

blog?? what's that??

It seems as though I have forgotten what it feels like to blog. I apologize for the lack of blogs the last few months. It seems as though my job has taken over my life!! School is nearly over (we have only 8.5 more days of school left. Oh my word. How is it possible that we only have that many days left??? I'm still in the midst of progress report writing. We have Open House next Thursday, Parent/Teacher Conferences the following week, and then school is over. But I still have to come back for our week-long 'in-service' the last week of this month. I owe many a picture so bear with this highly picture heavy post! Here's a shot of all my flowers I received for my birthday. The big one on the left is from my fiance. The one on the right (in the back) is from my sister. The orchids are from two moms in my class. They're still alive. Though I don't know for how much longer! Here's a close-up of one of the sides of my gigantic floral arrangement from my fiance--which he hand delivered to school during my birthday celebration with the kids and the moms who were in attendance were very impressed with him. :) Here are my seedlings that have since hatched. I gave my mom some of my tomatoes and my basil. We are still in need of pots for the rest of them though. We'll see how my summer of tomatoes goes! We've got both cherry tomatoes and roma tomatoes--both are my absolute favorite! I'm regretting that I didn't pick up any squash seedlings because I've become a squash eater..zucchini/spaghetti squash, etc. It's scary!
And here are some wedding shots..here's my niece on the way to her parents' wedding. And here she is asleep on the way to her parents' wedding right before we arrived. :(Poor dear. I had to wake her up. :( She was stuck to us like glue during the ceremony. I got to be one of the witnesses at the wedding. Who knew that meant that I'd get to stand up at the ceremony (at least, I didn't know!)Here's my sister, our sil, our niece, my brother, and me after the ceremony.
Now for the par-tay! Here's the lil monkey having some sparkling cider.
Another sip...
Hmm...this is yummy. I can drink this by myself!
chug, chug, chug!
ahhh, satisfaction!

In some knitting news, I received my ISE6 scarf from the lovely Jackie. She is quite the talent. Knitter. BookMaker. Cardmaker. Artiste Extraodinaire if you ask me! She made the card and the gorgeous book below it. She even provided me with some patchwork squares which I can use for my own cardmaking! Talk about genius. :) Oh, she sent me some lovely knitting needles too!
And the scarf. I absolutely adore it. It smells good too! ;) It's a light gray because I don't have any gray scarves and the design is amazing. I wore it last weekend for my sister's graduation ceremony for completing her Paralegal Certificate.

Sorry I don't have any pictures of me with it on..hopefully soon though. There's been some yarn arriving here as well but I've bombarded you all with enough pictures for now! I've started a couple of new things and I've completed one thing which I'm not happy with at all. But I'll save that for another day.
I'll leave you with this though--I was out sick most of last week with laryngitis and didn't get my voice back until this past Sunday. Even now, my voice isn't 100%. Can we say overworked??? I need to do more knitting!!! :)

3 comments:

  1. Glad you are back :)
    Great photos..your little niece is always so cute. Congrats to the wedding couple...yay!
    That scarf is awesome...very interesting pattern :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. we are growing romas and cherry tomatoes too! And 2 zucchini, 1 yellow squash, a cucumber and a canteloupe! I hope yours grow!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your niece is such a cutie!

    YOUR ISE6 SCARF IS F-ING GORGEOUS! You got lucky girl!

    Robyn

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!