Friday, June 6, 2008

SP 12 Questionnaire

1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like? I love fingering weight yarn. Though if I had to select a worsted weight yarn, it would be either cascade 220 or artyarns supermerino. I love a soft squooshy yarn. I am particularly fond of merino wool blends though not a fan of tencel. I do not like alpaca or alpaca blends, novelty yarns. 2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in? I have a needle case for my dpns. my straights are in a drawer caddy thingy. My circs are in a hanging organizer-somewhat like a shoe holder but smaller. 3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced? I have been knitting since 2004. A friend of mine taught me the basics (after having been taught by two others--obviously not so well!). I would say I was intermediate. 4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? I have an My Amazon.com Wish List . 5. What's your favorite scent? I like the scent of grapefruit, ginger, fresh washed linen, strawberries, cinnamon, etc. I do not like vanilla or lavender. 6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy? Yes indeedy. I adore dark chocolate-particularly with nuts (almonds!). I love, love, love reese's peanut butter cups (especially the big cups!). I love orbit gum too. I try all the new exotic flavors. 7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin? I make cards and stitchmarkers. I garden a bit. I do not spin. 8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD) I like alternative/indie music. Classic rock is also a favorite. 9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand? My staples are green and blue. Though I do also love dark pinks/oranges/yellows/reds/browns/grays. 10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I live with my fiance. No pets. 11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos? I wear scarves (even in the summer!!), hats, and fingerless mitts. No ponchos. 12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit? My favorite items to knit are socks, lace, hats, fingerless mitts, and baby stuff. 13. What are you knitting right now? I am currently working on wicked and my umpteenth attempt at a chevron scarf!! 14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts? I love them! 15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic? It depends on the project. I use both. Hmm...I prefer bamboo but I do love my pony pearl needles..I need more of them!! 16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift? Yes to both. 17. How old is your oldest UFO? Too freakin' old. I just might need to frog it soon it's so old. 18. What is your favorite holiday? Valentine's Day 19. Is there anything that you collect? I used to collect yarn but have scaled back a bit (if that's possible!!). Now I collect knitting project bags. I like the handmade ones that are sold for small projects. I need to start collecting medium sized ones for my bigger projects! 20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have? Norah Gaugan Vol. 1 and 2. Wollmeise. Lisa Souza. Flat Feet. Lorna's Laces. Addi Turbos. I subscribe to Knit1 and Interweave. 21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn? Knitting socks on two circs. 22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements? I am. I wear a size 6.5-7 shoe. Circumference of my foot is about 8.5 inches. Length is 7 inches. 23. When is your birthday? May 5 24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID? Yes, indeedy. It is Ggirl.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!