Saturday, May 16, 2009

life

There's been a bit of a lull on the crazy train and I'm feeling like I can speak about what has created this crazy-ville that I currently reside in. But where do I start??? First thing's first. I will be leaving my job at the end of this school year (in about 18 days with the children but a few more without!). There are various reasons for leaving my job but one of the main ones is our desire to move out of Southern California and return to reality in Northern California. I've been wanting to be closer to my folks and that monkey of a niece for a while now and we're finally going to do something about it. (bad timing with the economy and all but it's definitely time to move on). Things at school are unbelievable and unreal. Hence the reason to return to reality. I've had enough of bulldozing parents and watching parents who donate a lot of money to our school get preferential treatment. That isn't normal. I also miss feeling as though I'm actually making a difference in the lives of our future. There's no way that's going to happen where I am right now. So this experiment in venturing out to see what life is like in a private independent school is over and may not be revisited again! I am getting married this summer! Hence the reason for that wedding shawl project that some of you may have seen on my rav page. We are getting married July 26th. I've got a dress, we have a venue, and now it's just everything else--caterer/cake/linens/invitations/etc. We will be getting married here. Everything is slowly coming together though I wish I had devoted more of last month to wedding stuff but I digress. We have a potential photographer, I have someone for the flowers, and we already have someone for the entertainment. So I'm trying not to be stressed. It's the little things that are going to get me though. Like finding a tailor and purchasing the corset (ha!) that'll go beneath my wedding dress. Now if only I could lose just a little weight between now and then.. Let's see...I've covered leaving my job, moving, and getting married..there's still a bit more on my plate. With the impending move, I have been job searching like mad for both a summer job and a job for the school year. I'm still looking though it's been a chore to search for a job in the bay area from here. There have been a couple of trips up North for some job fairs but so far, nothing has panned out. I do have an interview next week for a potential summer job though. :) So keep your fingers crossed that things fall into place when I need them to! Amidst all of my own personal crazy, my fiance's mother was diagnosed with cancer around Easter. She's finished her first round of chemo and I think things are okay for now. I don't know all the details Her husband took her on a cruise for Mother's Day so they've been enjoying life in Alaska for the past week. It's been tough. I think that's why April just sort of came and went. And then it was my birthday. There's been knitting but I've only been focusing on ONE project. Next post will be a knitting post, I promise. Thanks for hanging in there with me!

10 comments:

  1. Wow - that is a lot of change! Starting off - congrats on getting married! How exciting! Looking forward to hearing all about it - and I'll have to check out your wedding shawl...

    Sorry about the job, but sounds like you are making the right decision there.

    Sounds like its all a good busy! Good luck on the job front, and congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, know wonder you've been missing in action! Congratulations on the wedding date...that Japanese garden is so beautiful, can't wait to see the wedding pics! Just planning a wedding is super stressful but to add in a move and job change. I'll be keeping you in my prayers! I'm glad you are doing it because I could hear the longing in your words to move closer to your family. I'm here to talk anytime! Take care of yourself and congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow... that's a lot of stuff.
    hope everything goes well for you... wedding move and finding a new GREAT job...

    I'll be watching :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the upcoming wedding. The best advice I can give you is to just breath and try to take everything on your big day - it will go by in a flash!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wondered when you were finally going to get married! lol And the place you've picked to have the wedding is absolutely gorgeous! I can't wait to see you, beautiful bride, you better post lots of pics!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that's a lot going on by you!

    Congrats on the wedding date! July 26th sounds lovely - as does the Japanese Gardens place! Is there a pic of your dress online? I'm a sucker for dress pictures! I'm sure it's beautiful! So happy for you girl!

    You'll have to email me your new address once you move. Do you know where you will be living yet? How far will you be from your parents? Sister/niece? Close I hope!

    I am sure everything will work out for a job. Did you hear anything yet about that potential summer job? What will you be doing?

    Can't wait to see knitting content! Do post!

    Sorry to hear about Joey's mother. I hope she beats this cancer! My thoughts are with you guys.

    Lastly, again, hope you had a fabulous birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on the wedding? Where up North are you going to be? Near S.F.?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on the wedding, and I hope you aren't getting too stressed out! The place looks beautiful. Hope everything is going great, and that your move/wedding go very smoothly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, goodness! Congrats on the upcoming wedding - that Garden is BEAUTIFUL!!!

    Sending healing vibes to your FMIL, too. :(

    ReplyDelete
  10. that wedding location looks gorgeous! : )

    i sure hope things go well for the FMIL...

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!