Thursday, October 8, 2009

present

I've been thinking about blogging ever since I got back from my MIL's house but there were too many things that I would need to discuss! First of all, my MIL is currently in the comforts of her own home. My husband and FIL are taking care of her along with a slew of nurse professionals. She's eating better than she was at the hospital. What's most important is that she is home. My mom and I will be driving down to LA on Saturday for my sister's marathon on Sunday. I've gotta start packing. I'm not looking forward to the SoCal heat. Goodness, after only being back at my parents' home for a week I've already been spoiled with cooler weather! Since returning, there's been a lot of purging, cleaning, and organizing. I'm still not finished. This is all stuff I would've done had we not had that emergency. Oh, I've been reading too! While I was at my MIL's house, I finally finished reading P.S. I Love You. It was a LONG read but good. I think I liked it about the same as I liked the movie. Although part of me wishes the movie had been set in Ireland like the book had been. When I got home, I looked through one of my boxes of adult books and whipped out Pack Up The Moon. Oh my goodness!!!!!!! I finished this book in two days. It was a great read. Sad story but the author did a great job of telling the story. Then I started Rosie Dunne (written by the same author of P.S. I Love You and apparently now titled: Love, Rosie) and I'm currently at a standstill with that book. Though I know I could finish it if I would just pick it up again! I'm boycotting. That's how wrapped up I am in the story. I can't take it anymore..all the back and forth. I really love the way the story is being presented though. The story is told via emails, letters, notes, cards, instant messages etc. Stories that are told in that format tend to be my weakness. I have also been able to get some of our thank you cards out for our wedding gifts! I've managed to write a few letters as well. It's been nice being able to finally catch up. All the while, my knitting was left by the wayside. I finished some mitts for my husband and I wish they were for me so I'm just going to have to whip up an identical pair for myself one of these days. I was also at war with that blasted sesame cardigan. Don't get me wrong, knitting a sweater in pieces does make it go faster but the assembling..ugh..I tried for at least a solid week to attach the sleeves but they kept puckering. Now that I'm home and have access to all my knitting books to help with the seaming of the sleeves, I've found other more important things to do. I needed time away. Maybe next week I'll tackle it again. Maybe. I did decide to start something yesterday though. The other day I was going through my knitting calendar from 2007 and purged a lot of patterns that I know I won't ever make and I stumbled upon the tri blankie pattern. It is made out of cotton so I whipped out my ziploc of leftover dishcloth cotton and got to it. Now I'm obsessed. So if anyone out there has some leftover dishcloth, please send it my way! It's supposed to be a baby blanket but I'm going to try to make an adult size version. We'll see how that goes. The baby version requires 96 blocks. I've got about 8 under my belt so far. lol. And a ninth one on the needles. I figured if I could do 8 blocks everyday, I'd have 96 in 12 days. HA. I'm funny, right? Here's what I've got so far.

4 comments:

  1. I'm glad your MIL is home and doing better. I also went through my pattern a day calenders a purged the patterns I will never make. It felt good getting rid of all that stuff I don't need or want.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your mil is doing better. It's actually been cooler here in so cal!!! Love that blanket your doing...one day it'll be totally awesome to snuggle in!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad your MIL is doing better.

    Those blanket pieces are so cute. can't wait to see it with more progress.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was wondering if you would be willing to share your directions for the tri blankie...I once had the directions from the 2007 calendar but can't find it now..UGH...thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!