Tuesday, October 27, 2009

while the cat's away..

Since I had to take a knitting break, that somehow equated to a blogging break. I think I just couldn't stand sitting in front of the computer waiting for it to load! The knitting break didn't last very long and when I first made mention of it, I didn't even really take one. I just took a break from the blankiet I had started. lol. I wore this:
sometime last month. I realized that I hadn't taken a good picture of it yet so here's a better one than the one I've got on rav. When I wore it, I noticed how much it kept riding up! It wasn't a lot but I'm not a fan of tops that ride up since when I'm in my husband's car, the heat, his leather seats and my bare skin don't mix well! I happened to have one more skein of the yarn I used for my wicked so I ripped back the ribbing and went to work.
I decided on doing a crossover rib instead of the ribbing suggested in the pattern. I like how it's coming out. Though with my right hand not being up to its normal knitting stamina, it's been slow going. I had to take a break from it.
So I started working on this again:
I had cast on for the gust a while back and had put it aside for other projects. When I attempted to go back to it, I couldn't remember which row I was on and had ripped back a few rows already so this past Sunday, I just frogged it and started all over again. I'm back to where I had left it. I hope I have enough yarn for it. I'm planning to do more than the suggested repeats just because I've noticed Ann's scarves tend to be shorter than I like.
A couple weeks back (probably the week I last posted!) I had wound some yarn while the monkey was over here. Here she is riding her bday gift from my sis, my husband, and I. And here was her first experience with a winder! Being that I'm a lefty and I had already started winding some yarn, it was hard for her to wind in the same direction as I had been going.
The yarn I had wound was two skeins of malabrigo that had been sitting, waiting patiently to be knitted into something stunning. Well, I cast on for this on Sunday.
It's the habitat hat pattern from Jared Food. Can I tell you even the charts are as beautiful as the actual knitting that's going on?? I'm on row 12 of chart C and am...29 rows away from completion. My mom was bugging me about her shawl yesterday That's because I asked her what kind of a hat she wanted and she said, 'What about my shawl?'. She doesn't get that hats are faster and right now, I need to just finish something! I want to cast on for the macduff hat (that's what the other skein of malabrigo is going to be turning into!). The winds have been blowing here and it's nice to actually experience Fall again!
I have been job searching and applying to anything that seems interesting and haven't had any luck. The one lucky thing that has happened but has nothing to do with the job hunt is that my husband came back for good on Sunday. I like to think the hat I started knitting him brought him home. lol. He has done what he can for his mother and stepdad and made the (surprise) trip home. The monkey was only too happy to see him yesterday. Now she's got another playmate when she comes over!
The surprise patterns from knitty have arrived. I thought this one was a fun one! Oh, and to the anonymous commenter who had misplaced his/her copy of the triblankie pattern please send me a message with your email address so I can help you out!

8 comments:

  1. It looks fabulous on you!

    Love the hats! What great patterns! Just what I need more added to my queue!:)

    Hoping all is well with you! hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE your sweater and your hat is coming along beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow, habitat is awesome. And the colors... wow. What yarn is that?? Malabrigo? It's luscious!

    Love your sweater. Looks great on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty sweater! I love that color. After I saw your pictures I went and tried on a sweater I made last spring that's been in my closet that has that same riding-up issue but I can't bring myself to add to it, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like I have said before - your knitting is lovely and you have a great talent for it!

    Hope the job search goes well for you. I had a dream last night that I got hired to teach 2nd grade and when I got there to sign the contract, the school was an "evening elementary school" with hours of 4 to 10pm! Can you imagine? lol

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sweater looks very pretty on you - and great idea to lengthen it! Love the new hat!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!