Tuesday, June 22, 2010

i'm still a knitter (and then some)

The past few weeks have been a whirlwind. I'm just now getting my footing. Yesterday was the first time since we've been in our new place where I have been left virtually alone in the apt. I forgot what life was like without a child around mucking everything up or demanding attention. Complete and utter solitude. I was able to block purple haze.
 I've hit a snafu with clothilde though.
It seems as though wherever I left off while in Chicago is not where I picked back up again a few days ago. I'm at a loss. I keep ripping back until I hit a row where I know which one is the match.
And what sucks the most is that I was nearing the transition row and was about to begin the last and final chart! Argh!!
Sigh..I touched my cozy cardi for the first time last night since I got to the button band. And then there are the socks I cast on for before we left for Chicago..Must finish these projects before school starts up!
I remembered to get a shot of the other gift we helped the monkey make for her mom for Mother's Day.
And here's the monkey being her overly goofy self.
Sigh...see why I have no time to knit, read, answer mail, or even catch up on blogs??
This past Sunday was her first ballet recital. This was before the show.
Here's the first performance.
The second performance was the beginning ballet group. Here are a couple of screen caps.
It was adorable. Granted, they spent most of their stage time just standing there but then they started to remember bits and pieces of their actual performance!
We stayed for the whole show and it was well worth it! Okay, off to catch up with the rest of my life!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you're life is starting to get back to normal! Love seeing pics of your niece, she is just the cutest! Nice to see you are able to find some time to knit too! Take care and lots of love sent your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to have this girl to have a little ballerina! So excited!

    That looks like fun!

    Love monkey in the box! Kids are amused by the littlest things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear (read) that your life is starting to settle down and that you're able to have some knitting time before you have to start thinking about going back to school.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love watching little kids do any activity like dance or sports. I think it is sooooo cute when they goof around.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your little monkey is adorable! It is frustrating to put something down for a while and then run into trouble later. Hopefully by now you have it all worked out and you can enjoy finishing it. Looks great to me so far and that purple haze looks heavenly :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!