Tuesday, June 8, 2010

I got a job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been super duper quiet here, I know. It's because the hubs and I are still in the process of moving everything over from my ex-parents' house to the new place. We're going on week 2 here but we're almost finished. There's been no knitting, and no peace. There's also very little space to move around here but, we're all still happy campers.
As you all know, I came back from Chicago and LA and had to do two interviews. I knew that I was going to take one of the two positions. The preschool offered me a position last Friday (but I was holding out for more $$) so I haven't been in contact. The administrative assistant called me today though and needs me to call her back. As for the Kindergarten position (the one I REALLY wanted at the school I KNEW I wanted to work), the committee was going to deliberate today and make a decision today. I purposely didn't take my phone with me today on our trip to the ex-folks' house or on any of our errands because I didn't want any bad news. When we got home, there were three vm's waiting (one from the preschool, the other from the elementary school). After a bit of phone tag, the director and I finally got a hold of each other. She asked how I was, I told her we were still in the midst of moving and that we had to do it little by little. To which she remarked with, "How would you like to move with a JOB!!!!!!" I wanted to cry so badly.
I have spent the entire day trying not to want it so bad because I didn't want to jinx myself. I have become accustomed to bad news so I was really truly expecting the worse. I'm still kind of in shock that I'm actually going to have my own classroom again. I immediately asked when can I start moving my stuff over (because all of my teaching stuff has literally taken over our apt!!!). The money isn't going to be stellar but I told the director that I was just glad to have my own class again and that I had been out of work for an entire school year. I can't wait. I'm SO SO excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you to everyone for your prayers and well wishes..that light at the end of our tunnel is starting to get a bit brighter everyday. :)

15 comments:

  1. Whoohoo congratulations...there is a light at the end of the tunnel!:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is absolutely, positively wonderful news! Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FINALLY! That must be such a relief - and EXACTLY the job you wanted, too. CONGRATULATIONS! I'm really excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HOORAY!!! Congrats hon! I am so excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay!!!!! I am SO happy for you!!! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh huni that fab news! Big hugs to you and Joey! Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that things are looking up for you!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good things come to those who wait, even if for a few hours.

    CONGRATULATIONS!

    The rest will happen as it needs too..

    ReplyDelete
  9. CONGRATS GIRL! YEY! A JOB!

    xox

    Told ya it would all work out!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am SO happy to hear that! You are really turning your life around - congratulations! (BTW, I got a job too!) Keep us posted on your new classroom!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yay for the job! sorry about the family drama though.

    I still don't know what's up for the fall for me. I have a job, but don't know which shool/grade level/area of music etc... trying to not think about it though.

    ReplyDelete
  12. CONGRATULATIONS!! Just in time for the new school year....you must be so excited ....yay :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have been out of touch since I moved without internet. Now I finally have internet again and I'm so happy to have caught up on your blog! I'm super excited for your new Kindergarten job! You will have a great year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!