Sunday, September 19, 2010

trying to take back my life

School had taken over my life until I put my foot down yesterday. I started with decluttering our bedroom and the room I share with the monkey. I've just been piling stuff instead of filing whatever needed filing and not reading whatever should be read. Our bedroom floor is clearer (by the window). My desk is clear and everything is now filed away. I also put my sock blockers up on the wall (finally). I sat and knit last night too. I was supposed to do some of that today but have gotten distracted with listening to songs on the wedding cds my sister made for us which made us think of other songs and it's now 4 o'clock make that 6:30. Talk about dilly dallying! I did get to chat with my sister for a bit though and I caught up on some emails. I need to make time to sit down and read and to sit down and answer some letters as well.
We watched Fantastic Mr. Fox last night and loved it. We loved it SO much we're going to watch it one more time before we return it!  
Since I last posted, there's been baking and new projects. Last Sunday the hubs and I made vegan red velvet cupcakes. My SIL did a red velvet cupcake experiment a few days before we wanted to try a vegan version.
We had to get creative with the frosting. We didn't have regular cream cheese) only strawberry and I wanted the frosting to have a bit of lemon zest. BEST frosting we've had in a while. :) The cupcakes got eaten up (mostly by me) by the middle of the week. We are definitely going to start making more cupcakes from
They're SO good!!
A couple of days ago I decided to cast on for some new projects. I've mostly been working on goldie whenever I get a chance but I needed another distraction. So I stupidly cast on for the cedar leaf shawlette (270 stitches!!!!!!!!!) so now it's been pushed to the side for now.
It's pretty though, right? ;)
So since that idea was a bad one, I cast on for the buttoned lace cowl.
I spent a good portion of yesterday working on it so I'm about double than what I have pictured. I will try to finish it tonight but I think that will be nearly impossible!
Here's goldie so far:
She's gorgeous as ever. I just wish she were a faster knit! It's going to be eons before I get to show her off!
I leave you with this: I love my new school. I love my co-workers. I love everything so much that I've started to feel good about myself and I noticed that I make more of an effort to look nice at this school than I did at my last one. I think because for once, I'm finally happy. :)

3 comments:

  1. I'm happy you are finally happy! Love all your knits :)
    Your vegan red velvet cupcakes looks delish!

    happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey stranger, missing hearing from you :)

    I am so glad to hear you happy sounding... email me before you write if you can, I am moving on Mon :( LONG story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've been out of the loop, and just started catching up on your blog! Love the new layout colors.

    Fantastic Mr. Fox is such a great movie. Never fails to make me smile. Your knits are looking lovely. And please send a cupcake asap. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!