Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Week 2 feels like Week 20

I do apologize for the current lack of knitting content. Blame can be placed on my new job. Being the head of a class room full of 4 and 5 year olds is no easy task. It has been quite challenging to figure out activities that are interesting to both ends of my spectrum. Attention spans are practically next to nothing and the ability to sit and endure on the rug is also quite impossible for most of them. But we are getting through it. Routines are slowing being put in place. Names are starting to be learned.
The monkey started school for the first time ever last week and she loves it to pieces. Though apparently there was one day last week where she didn't want to go to her school. She wanted to go to my school. The girl has only been to my school at least three times! How could she already love it more there than at her own school??
The hubs has been busy attending school as well. We will be attending a free jazz concert on Saturday-his only hw assignment from his Jazz Appreciation class. We will also be attending the Greek Festival! His drafting class is currently kicking his butt though. He'll push through.
Aside from the kids still figuring out how they ought to be at school, things are going all right. It could be worse than what it already is. So thank goodness it isn't.
Most evenings are spent working on stuff for school but I'm hoping come next year, this same time, I can find myself knitting rather than creating games for my kids!
So since a majority of my evenings are spent on school-related things, that leaves very little time for knitting. Today was a minimum day and I thought I'd be able to squeeze in just a teeny bit of knitting but no such luck. Maybe tonight after I get my parent letter complete. :)
My sister is sweating in Chicago. lol. She was sweating in LA. She had her first two classes on Monday and one of them (her night class) is a sleeper. Her second day of classes was going to be today. Oh, it turns out that she will be in Chicago for 4 years unless it takes her 5 to complete her dissertation. I'm sure she's working towards getting it done in 4 so that she will owe less money! She has no couch. Hers wouldn't fit through her door so it is currently in storage.
My car went crazy again. It went back to beeping and lights blinking on the panel. Thank goodness I got paid yesterday! So that has been taken care of but now apparently I need to replace the timing belt and that isn't cheap..it never ends!

2 comments:

  1. Glad your new school seems to be working out...once you get used to everything...things will get easier. Just wanted to say "hi"....I know it's been a while...I'm trying hard to get back into the swing of things, but I'm not making any promises....you know how that goes.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear about your car - again. Hopefully you can get it fixed.

    Hopefully your sister can get school done in 4 years, instead of 5. The less the better, right?

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!