Thursday, September 1, 2011

I'm here..

Well, we are finally out of our old apt and in our new one. There are a few kinks that still need working out. No kitchen, and the bathroom sink clogs something fierce. Not to mention there is no inside wiring so we have no phone service and no internet!!! Last night was the first time we slept there and guess what? It was freezing in the morning!! Know why? (aside from there being ZERO window treatments in our apt) heat doesn't come into the bedroom! There's a heater in the living room and the only vent I saw is in the kitchen. Sigh..but the floors look good! Our landlord decided to do laminate flooring in the living room and in the kitchen. The cabinets are on the way and our kitchen should be up and ready as of tomorrow. I think today we will have a stove and possibly a fridge! It's the little things isn't it? It will be another week before we get an inside wire done in our apt and then we can have internet again! Sure there's Starbucks and there's school but I miss being able to go online at night or in my pjs. I'll be back soon. Hopefully with pics of the new place. It's coming together very extremely slowly. We were only able to move stuff into the living room over the weekend so everything is still downstairs in the empty apartment. Sigh..

6 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I hope that things start coming together quickly. Tell that landlord to get his act together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is one tough move! :( Hopefully it will all come together soon and we can see pics of the beautiful new place ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope everything falls into place soon! I HATE the process of moving and having to wait for certain things to be ready or hooked up. Can't wait to see pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodluck with everything. I know moving can be frustrating. I hope school is going well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't wait to have you back to blogging! Miss your posts! Can't wait to see pictures of your new place. Do post them when you are able to! I hope everything goes smoothly so that you are "up and running" in your new place soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay...hope you can get settled real soon!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!