Friday, November 25, 2011

my life..since you last heard from me

October was my month of home visits. This year, I succeeded in getting to visit every single one of my students' home. I think the home visit tends to bring the child closer with his or her teacher. I'm still on the fence about whether I prefer conducting the home visit before school starts or a month into the school year. It's would be more difficult to do them before school started at my current school because our class lists are so unstable. We don't know who is really going to be in our class until the first day of school so I don't even bother with making name tags or anything until after the first week!
I also was spending some time volunteering for the Reggio exhibit that was here in town. Veteran's Day weekend, I spent at the exhibit for a day and a half of professional development.
These last few weeks my class has been rehearsing for its very first school-wide assembly. I had discovered that Hickory Dickory Dock is a full on song SO I decided that this was what my children were going to tackle for our first assembly. Boy was it a lot of work. It didn't help that we had the first two Fridays of this month off (because that gave us EXTRA time to have to practice). In the end, it turned out better than I had imagined. Yay for them! They were SO proud of themselves too and they loved hearing all the compliments that the grown ups had for them. :)
The Harvest Feast at my school has come and gone. It was held at a bigger venue this year and I hope we keep having it there.
The hubs got a job! :) He just started last week and so far so good. I have to get used to the idea of having to cook again but that's okay.
I have two more weeks of school before winter vacation begins. I will also have to start working on my narratives for my students. Yuck. I have been thinking about starting them early so that I'm not spending much of my winter break working on them. Maybe they'll be easier this year? Who knows.
My sister will be arriving two days before Christmas. She'll be here for a couple of weeks.
Umm...our apt. is STILL undone. Our across the way neighbors ended up moving out (thank goodness!). So we will be in store for TWO new neighbors (one right below us as that apt is nearly complete) and someone else across the way. We are hoping our landlord will be a bit pickier. One can only hope, right?
I know that I have missed LOTS with all of you and I do intend to catch up on all my blogs. There are 100+ posts in my reader. :(

3 comments:

  1. School sure will keep you busy all right! It's funny though, I was thinking that you hadn't posted in awhile and I thought, "Well I bet Rhoda will when it's Thanksgiving - a teacher can have time to breathe on a 4 day weekend!" Then look at me - nothing on my blog and we get a 5 day! I better get crackin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh you have been busy. Thanks for coming round to the blog. I'm so glad your husband got a job. I also appreciate teachers like you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have you gotten new neighbors yet? Anyone decent? Glad that your kids did well at the assembly! Yey for Joey getting a
    Job!! How's that going?

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!