Tuesday, November 3, 2009

pondering

Is there a reason all knitting pattern chart symbols aren't the same across the board? I ask because after having completed the blues and then moved onto green with glee, I was having a bit of a tough time adjusting to the different pattern jargon and the main cable used for both patterns was the exact same one. I kept saying over and over to my husband..I should've done green with glee before I did his. I have now finished both hats and they are in the midst of blocking. My hat came out a bit more snug than I expected. Then I realized that I should've switched to bigger needles when I started the body of the hat. Oh well. That's what blocking is for. :) Here are the hats pre-blocking stage:
Have you been to the gap recently? I was there yesterday and was surprised to find this and a cowl which I can't find on their website now. I couldn't get over the fact that their current line of cable hats looks very much like the hats I just finished and the fact that they are now selling cowls...my husband seems to think their buyers are checking out knitblogs to see what we're all up to. lol. It's been since the day before Halloween when I began typing up this post! Halloween has now come and gone. The monkey was a hot pink supergirl. The only pictures I have of her were from when she woke up the next morning and they're not flattering! I spent Halloween night baking. We didn't get very many trick-or-treaters. The ones we did get were the really lil ones--smaller than the monkey! Seeing as it's the season of pumpkin and chocolate goodness, I wanted to share some recipes with you all. Here is one yummy recipe that I found and here are a bunch of other equally yummy ones! Oh! A great friend of mine has opened up her own lil online shop! If you're into herbal soaps, please do go check it out! The weather has been unusually LA-like here..but without the hot wind that tends to accompany the warm weather typically found in LA.

3 comments:

  1. I agree - knitting patterns should use the same symbols and terms - very confusing!

    Love the hats - very pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such fabulous hats!

    OmG my waist and hips just got bigger looking at that scrumptious cake!:)

    Thanks for the mention too! Your soaps are traveling right now to you!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that's crazy that those 2 hats are exactly the same! I see the complete resemblance!!

    They came out gorgeous buy the way.

    I wouldn't be surprised if the person working at the Gap in that department is a knitter themselves. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!