Saturday, February 19, 2011

surrendering

Well, our lease will be up in about 3 months time so we are up for review.  We were sent a notice for our appt. which is scheduled for next week. I have been pretty mum about the living situation only because it is not solely my dirty laundry that will be aired. The honeymoon period ended probably around Thanksgiving (if not before then). Granted the hubs and I have little in common with my SIL and the monkey but the distance between us has grown immensely. So much so that for a while now I have been saying that if we never saw them again, I could care less.
There have been an insufferable amount of poor choices made by a certain someone in this household. We don't even waste our breath anymore because she continues to spiral out of control. But guess what? She's supposed to be a 'grown up,' right?  It's her life. So if she wants to continue on this path, far be it from us to interfere.  We stopped caring months ago.
In any case, what I knew was going to become our reality, is becoming more real with each passing hour. She told me that she *might* be moving out for next year. It would have been nice to have found this out before I called to reschedule our appt. for next week (because while doing that, I could've put us on the waiting list for a 2 bdrm!) but stupid is as stupid does. I have been waiting for her to say something for the last couple of weeks. It is going to be such a relief to have them truly out of our hair. Apparently she feels they are 'ready to get their own place'. Good luck.
SO, we are looking at possibly having to move in (again!) within the next three months. We may just be moving into a 2 bdrm in our same complex or we just might be moving into a house of our very own. We are keeping our options open.
This is off-topic but I must share these awesome links I've found. The first is for homemade cake mix and the second made me think of a very special friend! Hope she likes the link. :D

2 comments:

  1. If it's meant to be ...then everything will work out in the end. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry to hear that things have not been fun lately. When do you find out if you get the 2 bedroom place? Good luck with that.

    The homemade cake mix is awesome. And those paperclip earrings! Oh, they're totally me. I have no idea if that link was intended for me... but, it's AWESOME!!! I love it. xo

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!