I've been trying to figure out what I have been up to while I haven't been blogging. I guess I've been watching lots of tv! I have also been knitting.
I began and completed the centrique shawl last month. I didn't want to make a small or a large (I'm so difficult). I wanted to make a medium and I think I did. It is still blocking. I'm going to give it a few more days before I steam block it as well.
I had this great skein of yarn that I thought was going to make another amazing shawl but as it turned out, that skein was really destined to be a future pair of socks.
The pattern is the Edwardian Boating Socks from the Loumms Year of Socks Extravaganza. So far so good. I'm about 2 pattern repeats away from starting on the heel flap.
Last night, I was feeling a bit guilty though so I picked up this puppy again after months and months of it just sitting in my knitting bin next to my bed.
I did a couple of pattern repeats late last night while watching the Golden Girls. Then I did a couple more pattern repeats while watching Gilmore Girls. I have a renewed love of Gilmore Girls. How I miss the banter between Lorelai and any of the characters on the show. I am going to try to get this thing finished (at least in time to wear for the spring or summer).
There has also been baking this weekend. Though no pictures! I had saved some cookie dough from the spice cookies I made over Christmas and I was craving chocolate chip cookies so I made some oatmeal chocolate chip and pecan cookies. It's amazing we still have any left. :)
I have been perusing lots of recipes as well. There was this one, this one, this one, etc!
During the week, I went on a field trip to my alma mater with my boss and one of the teachers. It was great fun and my fellow teacher and I got a lot of great ideas.
I have also been busy selecting future projects (shawls and socks) that I want to work on this year. So stay tuned!








I just can not get over the beautiful things you make :) I totally love the one you just finished, and such a gorgeous color!
ReplyDeleteAs for those recipe links... I want to make those lemon oatmeal cookies now! And that heart cake...I would never even attempt it but it looks so cute!
Hope you got my letter by now :) If not, you should get it soon! *hugs*
I LOVE the Edwardian boating socks! Can't wait to see them finished :)
ReplyDeleteWhat's those blocks for (bottom pic?)
ReplyDeleteWhat yarn is those socks? Nice colorway! Can't wait to see them done.
GREAT Shawl! Look at you with another huge FO like that!
I will check out the recipe links - always enjoy new ones.
I used to watch Gilmore Girls, but got lost somewhere after a few seasons. I just wasn't into it anymore. I like the mom now on Parenthood as Sarah Braverman.