Sunday, February 6, 2011

life goes on

I've been trying to figure out what I have been up to while I haven't been blogging. I guess I've been watching lots of tv! I have also been knitting.
I began and completed the centrique shawl last month. I didn't want to make a small or a large (I'm so difficult). I wanted to make a medium and I think I did. It is still blocking. I'm going to give it a few more days before I steam block it as well.
I had this great skein of yarn that I thought was going to make another amazing shawl but as it turned out, that skein was really destined to be a future pair of socks.
The pattern is the Edwardian Boating Socks from the Loumms Year of Socks Extravaganza. So far so good. I'm about 2 pattern repeats away from starting on the heel flap.
Last night, I was feeling a bit guilty though so I picked up this puppy again after months and months of it just sitting in my knitting bin next to my bed.
I did a couple of pattern repeats late last night while watching the Golden Girls. Then I did a couple more pattern repeats while watching Gilmore Girls. I have a renewed love of Gilmore Girls. How I miss the banter between Lorelai and any of the characters on the show. I am going to try to get this thing finished (at least in time to wear for the spring or summer).
There has also been baking this weekend. Though no pictures! I had saved some cookie dough from the spice cookies I made over Christmas and I was craving chocolate chip cookies so I made some oatmeal chocolate chip and pecan cookies. It's amazing we still have any left. :)
I have been perusing lots of recipes as well. There was this one, this one, this one, etc!
During the week, I went on a field trip to my alma mater with my boss and one of the teachers. It was great fun and my fellow teacher and I got a lot of great ideas.
I have also been busy selecting future projects (shawls and socks) that I want to work on this year. So stay tuned!

3 comments:

  1. I just can not get over the beautiful things you make :) I totally love the one you just finished, and such a gorgeous color!

    As for those recipe links... I want to make those lemon oatmeal cookies now! And that heart cake...I would never even attempt it but it looks so cute!

    Hope you got my letter by now :) If not, you should get it soon! *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the Edwardian boating socks! Can't wait to see them finished :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What's those blocks for (bottom pic?)

    What yarn is those socks? Nice colorway! Can't wait to see them done.

    GREAT Shawl! Look at you with another huge FO like that!

    I will check out the recipe links - always enjoy new ones.

    I used to watch Gilmore Girls, but got lost somewhere after a few seasons. I just wasn't into it anymore. I like the mom now on Parenthood as Sarah Braverman.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!