Tuesday, February 15, 2011

uninspired

For Valentine's Day, the hubs took me to see Gnomeo and Juliet which was really cute!
I finished one of my socks so far. It's a little big (which is what always happens to me. but by the second sock, I've got it down. lol!).

Then on Sunday I took ill and have been doing a whole lot of nothing except lying in bed watching reruns on the Hallmark Channel, and on Soapnet, and watching a bunch of movies that were on tv. Fortunately I was off on Monday and I took today off as well. I had a fever on Sunday which still lingered as of yesterday but I finally kicked it last night. Still recuperating today until about the afternoon time when I finally started to feel 'normal' again.
The hubs got me some candy for Valentine's Day.
And today we picked up this package at the p.o. from my awesome friend, Tanyia. Thanks hon!!!
It had arrived yesterday but with me being sick, I hadn't checked the mail for a couple of days. There is lots of candy, homemade oreo cookie bark, a very cool heart-shaped bell,  a snow globe, and some ├╝ber cool soap in the shape of roses (but don't smell like roses!).
As of yesterday, I was feeling uninspired with regard to my pile of shawl patterns waiting to be completed! I realized that I do indeed own some plain white (ish) laceweight which I plan on using for a kaliope (or maybe a chianti!). We'll see. I wound it earlier this evening and intend to start knitting at least one shawl tomorrow night (and get back to work on that second sock!).

4 comments:

  1. Sorry you were sick, but glad you are feeling better! Lucky you...lots of Valentine goodies -- no wonder you are feeling better :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. (((hugs))) I am so glad you like everything. I am sorry you were sick, though :( I imagine that happens a lot working with little kids? Your sock is adorable, I love the colors! I will write soon, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great package! The sock looks great! Hope you had a fabulous V-day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry you were sick and for your housing headaches. I like your sock! I'm getting close to finishing my one sock.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!