Saturday, May 7, 2011

in my absence

 My birthday came and went this past week. I celebrated my 36th (shocking, I know!) this year.
There were flowers, cupcakes, and a homemade cake but everything edible has already gotten eaten up. I realized this morning while I was having some of my birthday cake that I didn't manage to get a picture of said cake before we began devouring it. Oh well. The same goes for my cupcakes.
I am the type of teacher who loves celebrating my birthday with my class. I usually bring cupcakes to share with the kids. This year, I brought the cupcakes, but the kids were just atrocious. I hadn't told them that we were going to have a party and I was glad. Though they knew there were cupcakes because how can you not bring cupcakes on your birthday? I ended up sharing the cupcakes with a few teachers and the rest I just took home.
I have been MIA for the last few days because we are offline at home! I am currently sitting in my empty and quiet classroom catching up on emails and checking to see how behind I am on blog reading! Our new service will not begin until Thursday of this week so bear with me!

To those of you mothers, have a fantastic Mother's Day!!

5 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Rhoda! Hope you had a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy belated birthday! I am sorry that your class was misbehaving, but as a mom, I hope that more teachers do what you did and didn't reward them anyways! I hope that you enjoyed every last bite of cake :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!