Tuesday, May 24, 2011

is it over yet?

How many more days do I still have to behave like a Kindergarten teacher?? Isn't the year over yet? The last few days are dragging but I am well aware that before I know it school will definitely be over. It doesn't help that my school puts on this amazing event called Boxland in a couple of weeks not to mention final progress reports, ummm, student allocation for the upcoming school year, and not to mention filling out the cume folders (say what?). Note to self: Next time I will think about teaching at a private school again. Some schools are already out. Am I jealous? Heck yeah! I have been keeping sane by keeping my fingers going. I fixed this.
 And then I cast on for this:
 I am still on the fence about it..definitely not my colors but the blue yarn I had wasn't going to be flattering to my skin. I haven't researched the shawl I really would like to begin just yet. I've got some yarn ready though.
Yesterday, the hubs took some modeled shots of my shawl with no name. Can I tell you how nice it is to have his eye working better again? He still has a few more post-op appointments to attend but soon he'll be able to get a new pair of glasses. He has told me that having the two eye surgeries that he had done has done wonders for him which makes me really glad.
We signed him up for a summer school class. He will be taking Ceramics. I can't wait to see what he makes for me. :) I am in the process of looking for a job for the summer (annoying story that I really don't want to get into but obviously it is money/bills related). I've found a possible lead and need to do a once over of my resume.

9 comments:

  1. Hooray for the end of the school year! The current knitting projects look fantastic. I really like the scarf pattern. It blocks out beautifully. The latest shawl is another stunner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I taught second grade for 4 years before having children. I didn't return to the class room when they got older. I just retrained to do something else. But I still have dreams about preparing for the school year and being in the classroom - especially the first day of the school year.

    I remember having my summers off was great, but sounds like you can't do that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are absolutely beautiful! Everything you make is so delicate looking, I love it! The end of the year will be here before you know it, hang in there, hun!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Goodluck on the jobsearch. I love the blue shawl.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I give mad props to every Kindergarten teacher out there. I seriously have no idea how you all do it. You deserve every end of the year gift that you get!!

    Much luck on your job search :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck on the possible job lead! What kind of job is it? Good luck. Hope it works out!

    That's amazing that the hubs surgeries have done well for him. Good to hear!

    Love the new shawl. You really are on a roll!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know I'll be glad when school's over too, but we have to wait until June 22! (You would think I was going to school...I only have a 16 year old in school...but I am getting too old to deal with a teenager if you catch my drift ;)
    Love your shawls.
    Glad your hubby's eye surgery was a success...it makes it all worth it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. How did you get that cute font on here? I love what you made! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY for the end of the year. Your projects look great

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!