Monday, May 16, 2011

wait for me!!

It has been about a week and a half since I was without internet service. Our new service started last Thursday at 8:01pm. Can you say stupid u-verse? I was online taking a gander at all that I had 'missed' while we were unplugged. I am not a news watcher like I used to be in LA so I was super behind. For example, I had NO idea about this. I also had loads of recipes that I needed to save for myself like this one and this one. I also missed the first listen of this!
Did I miss the internet? Not really. I passed the time by watching tv. Plus my sister is in town so I spent a lot of last week entertaining the girl who is bored out of her mind at her folks' house! I did miss cataloging all the awesome recipes that can be found on the internet. I also missed reading blogs and interacting with all my new blog friends! That's what I really missed. So here I am (waves). I haven't been neglecting you all. I just got used to not having internet access. I suppose if I had to, I could go without it (which is good to know).  I have realized that the internet has made life easier. You want a recipe? You just google it. You want to read the latest entertainment news, you can find it on the internet. You want to make some new friends? There are millions (maybe billions?) of people just waiting to make your acquaintance. I'm not saying the internet is the end all be all but it is a handy tool for those few that feel more comfortable behind a computer screen vs. face to face. And the recipes? Wow! All the awesome craft ideas? All the sites for shoes/clothes? We are very very fortunate.
Another realization I had living unplugged is that life goes on without me..and I don't want to miss too much more.

11 comments:

  1. Good to see you're back! I don't know what I would do with myself without an internet connection. Something constructive, probably. Who wants THAT?! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. While I enjoy getting "unplugged" I miss the internet at the same time. I google everything! LOL. And then when I unplug, my google reader fills up! And then I get behind, LOL!

    What? Arnold Schwarzenegger and Maria Shriver Separate?? For real??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see your back. I miss reading your posts. Hope you and Hubs are ok. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have ya back, we miss ya! I want some cheesecake in a jar btw! Well, hell, actually Ill take it in whatever you plop it in... make me some? I'll love ya forever, I promise! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you are back. I've also been entertaining a guest this week, but today is her last night here. It's hard work keeping a guest entertained. I hate to say, I'll be glad when my house goes back to normal.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Welcome back. I often ask myself what we did before the internet when I want to find the answer to something ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I can't even imagine being without the internet forever....a little bit now and then...that's ok :)

    Glad you're connected again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My laptop died in February. I haven't spent as much time on the computer since then b/c we all have to share the desktop. It hasn't hurt my feelings any! I think it's a good thing. I still want my laptop fixed but I'm not in any real hurry for doing it! We did a lot before computers and we'll be just fine without them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Can we get any more alike?? Like you I have indulged in gossipy day time tv and trashy night time tv since I have had no internet. Glad we are both up and running again. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have missed ya, and I was so glad that you took the time to come and visit and leave such sweet comments last night! I lost my internet access for about 4 hours yesterday and I felt like someone stepped on my oxygen tube :/ I might need a detox program. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was without internet yesterday for about 4 hours and I felt like I was going to die. lol I probably need a detox program of some sort...

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!