Monday, November 19, 2007

What Are You Thankful For?

There are so many things I am thankful for this year. 2007 has been a good year for me. I think what I am currently most thankful for is landing a position at my 'dream' school. It took me the first month and a half to get through the, "Is this really happening feeling??" and now I know and feel that I deserve my Kindergarten co-teaching position and I've accepted it as my reality. I am also thankful for the group of kids I get to spend my days with. They are such an amazing group and I don't think there will be any other group like this one. They are so loving, caring, and supportive of one another. Who can say they see that on a daily basis? I can. :) Did I mention that they're only 5 and 6 in age??
I am also thankful that I have food, shelter, and the fact that I am safe and wasn't directly affected by the fires we had here last month. I am thankful that those that were affected by the fires are still with us today.
I am also thankful that I have love, family, and friends in my life. I don't know how I would have gotten to this point in my life where I am thankful for each and every aspect of my life without any of those things particularly love. I have found someone with whom I want to spend the rest of my days with-someone who gets me, and appreciates all my quirks (and potentially ocd-ness!), someone whose dreams I hope will all come true one day.
I am thankful that I am alive and I look forward to each day that I wake up to.
What are you thankful for?

2 comments:

  1. Have a safe trip, and a great visit! I'm thankful for my hubby and kids. And good friends, like you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Sorry I didn't respond to your comments! i wasn't getting the emails about them. Have a happy Thanksgiving! Hope next year is as good as this one!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!