Friday, February 1, 2008

trying to make up for lost time

You know, everyday, I literally wish for yarn in my mailbox. And look what I got today! This was quite unexpected. I had remembered ordering it some time ago but hadn't even thought about the possibility of this yarn arriving on the first day of February! It's the February sock kit from yarn4socks. It's another light blue yarn. I'm not exactly fond of light blue so I guess I'm going to have to wait and see what I end up doing with this stuff. I originally ordered this kit because I thought it was going to be a lace pattern to go with the yarn..not a lace sock pattern. More yarn should be coming though...and my blocking wires as well!
I've been staying up the last few nights trying to get this guy done. He's not quite done yet but he's on the way. I started the scarf that goes with him but I didn't like the look of a plain garter stitch scarf. I did a mini version of the my so-called scarf for it but I frogged that about an hour ago. I dunno what kind of scarf I'm going to make but I've got to figure that out soon. Last night, I watched "The Secret." I hadn't intended to ever watch it because I watched the show on Oprah about it.
The other reason I didn't want to watch it is because the basic principles of the secret are ones that I typically live by anyway..except to a higher degree. When I got home yesterday, my fiance had it on while he was doing some work. His new boss told him to watch it. He also already follows the basic principles but again, doesn't apply it to every aspect of his life (much like me!).
Well, as promised, here are my nominations for the You Make My Day Award.

In no particular order, I bestow this award upon Sarah, Arleta, Hakucho, Robyn, Jeanne, Knottykitty, Kendyl, Irene, Toni and Carole. Each one is unique in their own right and they each bring me something different. Sarah, yarn dyer extraodinaire has amazing lace projects, delicious hand dyed yarn, and a pair of cute and funny kids! Arleta was my first blogging friend. :) She is a super mom with three uber cool kids and she has the patience to teach children at her daughter's school how to knit and how to spin! Hakucho is an amazing knitter and chef (if you ask me!). She comes up with the most creative knitting projects I've ever seen! Check out her recycled plastic bag bags! Robyn is a mother of 1.5 children (haha..one's still in the oven, hence the .5) who has started her own online yarn shop and spends her days hanging out with a most photogenic young boy. She's a fantastic photographer and always has cool things to show off. Jeanne is a very talented knitter. I love going to her blog to check out what she's working on now and experience the same trials and tribulations when a project goes awry. Knottykitty is hilarious--and we've met in person! She's been in a bit of a slump but hopefully things will improve. Kendyl is someone whose blog I've just begun reading and I already love it. Not only is she an adventurous knitter but she makes you think too! Irene has a great sense of humor as well and she works for a newspaper. I love reading her posts and hearing about her latest experiment! Toni, where do I even begin? This is a woman who has decided to jump into the world of selling her own crafts. Not only is she a knitter but she also does embroidery and she makes fantastic ATC's. Last but definitely not least is Carole who is a teacher like me but she is a mother as well who makes the most thoughtful knitted gifts to most of her children's teachers! I wish I had a mom knit stuff for me!!
Now, here are the rules:
Give the award to up to 10 people whose blogs bring you happiness and inspiration and make you feel so happy about Blogland! Let them know by posting a comment on their blog so that they can pass it on. Beware! You may get the award several times!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you! That's an awesome award to get!
    I'll talk about it, and pick 10 to get it on the post after next. My next post is going to be a contest!!

    I can't wait to see your little knitted guy!

    Have a great day, and thanks again!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...that's so nice of you - thanks! Love the blue yarn...it would make a really pretty spring sock! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you are too nice to me! i'm loving all your yarn, can i roll in it?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for returning the award back to me :) Your so sweet and you made my day!

    Your blue yarn is beautiful...I have to agree with Jeanne...it would make a beautiful pair of spring socks :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your nomination! You deserve it!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!