Tuesday, February 5, 2008

when it rains, it pours

I spend everyday wishing for yarn in my mailbox, right? Well, my wish came true today--threefold, in fact! :) I'm sure my fiance couldn't believe it when he collected all the packages.
This would be 'marvelous' the first colorway of the latest installment of the chewy spaghetti blue plate special sock club. The colorway reminds me of something but I can't put my finger on it.
Accompanying the yarn, was this really cool ball of yarn with needles which I now have hanging on my wall by my computer. It's so cute. Unfortunately, the person who makes these balls is on a hiatus. I checked. :( I also received a pattern and a new sheep tape measure. Oh and the yarn is a silk/merino blend. Sooooooooo super soft!
This is a close-up of 'sweetheart,' a self-striping yarn from Perfect Day Yarns. Sarah just recently had hand surgery so it's going to be a while before she restocks her shop. :( I don't think this picture is true to the yarn's color. I'll try to take a better shot of it.
I also picked up 'perfect day' from Sarah. :)
Now, does this colorway look a bit familiar? It's the colorway I picked up for my hot cocoa swap downstream pal. I just had to have a skein for myself. It is chuckanut drive from hazel knits. Though I purchased this skein from woolgirl.
I also picked up some of this which is matcha from painted skeins but purchased at woolgirl. Do you see the sparklies?? It's real silver!
Okay, I still have dinner to make and I'm about to start the edging for my shawl!!


9 comments:

  1. glad the yarn arrived! i was checking tracking this morning and it still wasn't updated from leaving columbus so i was gettin nervous! i see the silver yarn everywhere now, must try it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, those are really nice.

    I sent out your package today. I know, running a bit late, but it should get there in a few days. I was already a little flustered about not sending it until today, but when I started my car to go to the post office...it did what it usually does when I have to go somewhere more important than shopping. (I've spent about $2500 replacing pieces of it over the past two years, but now it's starting to get creative with me. I put it in reverse and it just bounced up and down. Stupid thing.)

    Anyways, I hope you like everything I put together for you. I think we have similar tastes when it comes to chocolate. :)

    By the way, that critter is the most adorable thing I have EVER seen.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty yarns!

    The little yarn ball is cute.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just felt the need to post - yet again - about how endlessly amused I am by having a hand in this sock thing of yours. It just tickles me.

    You're....you're....just as "bad" as I am now!! Muahahahahaha!!

    Seriously, though - gorgeous yarn. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I remember the days before your sock addiction! You were sooo scared to knit socks! LOL. Look at you now! Miss sock skein whore! LOL

    Love the new stuff. Love that "yarn ball" too. Too bad the girl is taking a hiatus. That yarn ball came with your sock club?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You do have an amazing sock yarn stash. I really dig the sweetheart skien. Still - i resist the siren call of the sock....

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love when yarn is in the mail! Beautiful yarn - you sure its not too much for you (I'm more than happy to take some off your hands!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooh, nice!! I love the colors of the yarns, and that little yarn ball is so cute!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!