Thursday, July 2, 2009

did you hear??

Before I go into this rant, we got back from our lil trip up north on Tuesday night. So we thankfully were able to miss all of the sensationalized reports of Michael Jackson's passing away. We were still in LA-we were on our way to my old school in fact when it was reported that he had passed. Anyway, it was just announced on the news that they will be charging admission for the memorial that is going to take place early next week. I can't believe it. Next Tuesday is going to be the day to stay home with all the people that are going to be out for the memorial. As if the Laker win wasn't enough..What creeps me out though is the amount of deaths that were Hollywood-related in the past two weeks. First Ed McMahon, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, and now Karl Malden. In any case, I went through my interview and won't be hearing back until possibly the end of next week if not before then. I really liked where this school was located and it reminded me a lot of my most recent school. I'm not worried yet about not finding a job up north before we move but in the back of my mind there is worry. There was knitting while I was away. I finished the knitting part of my ishbel on the way to my parents' house exactly one week ago! I have yet to block it though but will soon. :) Remember this sock?? It's now off the needles and I have cast on for its mate. Hopefully soon I'll have a finished pair of socks. My first in I don't remember how long! I also did a bit more work on my diamond fantasy shawl. I'm having an easier time keeping track of the number of repeats I've completed across each row--at least for now I am. We'll see as it starts expanding! While I've got this on the needles, part of me is itching to get going on a maplewing shawl...what is happening to me?? We had our cake meeting today. I ordered the bamboo for our wedding favors. I got the idea from this site. It's been difficult tracking down ceramic pots but I did find some glass ones. Now I'm most concerned about our flowers. A friend was supposed to be doing them but I haven't been able to get in touch with her and I'm trying not to freak out about it. Should she not be able to do our flowers, I picked up a business card of a flower shop by our cake place and I'm checking out their website. I also pondered doing it on my own--well, with help of course. I guess we'll just have to see!

4 comments:

  1. Glad the interview went well - I'll keep fingers crossed for you! Love the sock - great colorway!

    Good luck on getting the rest of the wedding stuff done...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget Billy Mays died too!Weird. Your socks are so cute! I have a project almost finished- I just have to get some beads. I'm hoping that a needlework store about 20 min. from here will have them. Have a great 4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, boy you HAVE been busy! Glad you are working in some knitting while you get everything ready for your wedding. I remember well how much there is to do and I remember being very emotional....and I had a very small wedding. Good luck and try to enjoy every minute of it!! I'm also crossing ALL my fingers hoping and praying that the perfect job finds you :) You have a lot of change coming up, but I'm sure everything will work out fine :)

    Take care :) and be sure to keep knitting to keep you calm :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope this last interview went well. Have you heard back from them yet?

    Did you find your flower friend? Or will you have to go another route?

    A lot of hollywood deaths, it's crazy.

    Cute socks. Can't wait to see the shawl done!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!