Thursday, June 25, 2009

and we're off!

We are leaving again for a few days. I have an interview tomorrow and tomorrow is also my mom's birthday! My brother has since moved out of my parents' house (rather abruptly too!) and it dawned on me the other day that there isn't any internet at my parents' house anymore! He just left on Tuesday of this week. Of all times to move out, he does it abruptly and before my mom's birthday! We'll see how that goes. My second skein of rosewood arrived from sniggle yesterday. Thank goodness! I had said to my fiance late last night that had it not arrived yesterday, we would've been waiting for it to get here today before leaving. He told me that he knew that already. Sigh..I'm becoming predictable already! I'm on the last row of chart D and then I'm practically home free. I had him wind the new skein for me last night and he kept petting it--I knew he wanted something made for him out of what was left so I'm on the lookout for a fingerless mitt/glove pattern for him. He wants something that is a cinch to knit. I may go with another pair of fetching, dashing, or some irish hiking warmers. We'll see what I'm in the mood for. ;) I leave you with a very bright (but quite difficult to photograph!) picture of my diamond fantasy shawl thus far. While waiting on my yarn to get here to finish up ishbel, I had an itch to do some more lace. Since I've been going through my stash in the attempt to purge before we move, I reconnected with my skein of frisky which was one of the first skeins I purchased when I got on the handpainted yarn kick. When I first purchased it, I had it earmarked for a diamond fantasy shawl and after a few attempts, I just wasn't focused enough to complete one without any mistakes. As I'm revisiting the pattern, I can see how I got so mixed up the first few times around. I was quite an ambitious knitter back then! Here's to hoping I finish it this time! :)

4 comments:

  1. I like your mom already - she has a great birthday! Have a safe trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have a safe drive and hope your mom has a wonderful birthday! Wow, that shawl is gorgeous...gonna have to look up that pattern!:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its great your fiance already knows you already! That and he is willing to wait for yarn! :-)

    Love the new shawl - great colorway and great pattern.

    Have a fun trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you have a great trip and interview.

    Happy birthday to your mom!

    The new shawl looks great!

    Cannot wait to see your Ishbel done!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!