Monday, November 16, 2009

monday monday..can't trust that day

Well, today was my model lesson and it went pretty well. I really liked the school and got a good feel from it. The teacher I would be replacing is leaving because her husband got his dream position elsewhere. She is staying through until Christmas vacation while he has already started his new position. I thought that was good of her to do. The kids were quite well behaved and worked SO quietly. I'm not used to that. I'm used to chatter and chit chatting here and there. It's promising but we all know how that goes with me. I went into it feeling as though it wasn't a big deal and I left the same way. They're hoping to fill the position by the end of this week and will be making phone calls in a day or two. I also applied to work at Borders. lol. I dreamt that I worked there so I had to at least apply. I keep thinking about the discount! My husband left for his first day of orientation a lil while ago and he was pretty excited about it. It was cute. :) I told him that I always wanted a husband/guy that had to dress up to go to work. A man in a dress shirt and tie does it for me. :) I don't know what it is. I can't believe Thanksgiving is already next week. We don't even have our Thanksgiving menu planned out yet! We've got the desserts covered but not any of the side dishes. For some reason, I'm wanting to do a homemade mac & cheese. I saw a recipe somewhere that utilizes butternut squash. Of course we'll have a side of potatoes but I thought we'd do something different this year and take some of the pressure off my mom! I can't wait for my sister to get here though. She is in the process of printing up a ton of patterns I had saved on my desktop. She's printing them out because when I first thought of this idea, she had been complaining about how she didn't have anything to do at work. SO I thought I'd help her out. ;) Aren't I a great sister?? lol. She told me earlier that she has half of them printed up and she also mentioned that there were some things she liked and might have me make for her (that was part of my plan in the first place!). As I blog, I'm looking through all the patterns that have been posted at twist collective. The winter edition is out and I'm in love with Tanit's Jacket. I also took a second look at the sweet pea coat from last winter! I'm dying to cast on for audrey in unst though. Can you tell that Gudrun Johnston is my newest knitwear icon?? :)

4 comments:

  1. I have a great home made crock pot mac & cheese. Here is the link:
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/paula-deen/creamy-macaroni-and-cheese-recipe/index.html
    It's really good. Then you could set it up in the crock pot and not worry about it while you get everything else ready.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you on the job!

    I just did my Thanksgiving menu last night - and we have too much food so I need to go through it again and lose some things...but I think I'll get resistance from the people that added them all onto the menu! Everyone has their favorites...

    If you find the recipe for the mac/cheese with butternut squash, I'd love to see it - sounds interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are a fabulous sister!

    CONGRATS ON THE JOB! THAT IS FANTASTIC NEWS!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!