Saturday, November 21, 2009

saturday

First of all, thank you to everyone for your love, hugs, support, kind thoughts, and prayers. The last couple of days have been surreal. We (hubby, my mother, and I) will be leaving for the funeral Monday morning. The funeral is set for Tuesday morning. We won't be down in SoCal for very long. We'll be leaving sometime on Tuesday since both my husband and my mother have to get back to work on Wednesday. My sister will be following us home on Tuesday. She'll also be attending the funeral with us. She's looking forward to the time off and we'll be spending Wednesday probably working on the desserts for our Thanksgiving meal! I received a call from the school where I did my model lesson. It was a no. It was very competitive and I was a very competitive candidate but they opted to go with someone else. The principal said that if they had another opening she hoped I would apply again and she asked if I'd consider subbing for them. I thought why not so I have to call that particular school district after next week and get on the sub list. Maybe this'll turn into something, who knows. I haven't heard from Borders either. I'm SO bummed! But maybe, since I've had two almost jobs now the next one will be mine (preferably a teaching one). Hubby is enjoying his new job and I think it helps keep his mind off things too. There hasn't been much knitting around here. I'm trying to heal my wrist so I can go back to my marathon knitting again! On ravelry there is a Knitters with Carpal Tunnel group and there's this guy with all this sage advice about carpal tunnel or just pain in general with regard to knitting. He suggested to a bunch of people to ice their hand/wrist/arm for an hour in 5-7 second spurts for a week. I did it two days in a row and I'm actually noticing a difference! I missed yesterday though on account of my being busy with chores and then I decided to do some baking! I've had this cookbook for a lil while and finally decided to give it a shot. Wow! My niece, hubby, and I made the basic chocolate cupcakes. Those that know me well know that I'm not really a fan of chocolate cake but lately it's been growing on me and these cupcakes are quite delicious. We opted to make the mini size ones. The monkey added some ingredients and did some mixing. She also was in charge of licking the spatulas and mixing things clean. lol. It was so cute! These cupcakes are the absolute best and I can't wait to try out some of the other recipes! I'm already checking on amazon to see if the author has any other recipe books!

4 comments:

  1. Not a fan of chocolate cake? Are you a girl? ;) I had a friend who used to say, "You know me and chocolate..." like she wasn't in the majority of people who like chocolate!

    BTW those are killing my diet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry to hear about your loss - what a difficult time for you and your husband. I hope that you are ok, and get some family time over this holiday season.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm allergic to chocolate...been trying dark chocolate and so far so good! Thoughts and prayers are still with you and your family...always. Love and hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a big fan of chocolate either :)

    Sorry to hear the job didn't go as planned. Hopefully you'll get that other position!

    My thoughts are with you & Joey's family.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!