Tuesday, April 27, 2010

it had to be done

Sooooo, I received the callback from the school that was out in the middle of nowhere and after some thinking, I had to tell them that I wasn't interested in the position. Mostly because it is in the middle of nowhere and should an emergency occur (say we actually moved where the school is located) the nearest hospital would be 90 minutes away. I told the woman I spoke with that I couldn't take that chance since my husband had health problems.  She said that the closest hospital (to the school) is in a neighboring town of where I grew up. In my mind I thought..that's your solution?? Then I told her that I did not want to have to make a commute of 2 hours there and 2 hours back home 4 days a week. She appreciated, understood, and respected what I had to say. She said it was a good thing my head wasn't in the clouds and I wasn't just thinking, "We can do this!" I told her in the past few months I have learned that anything can happen at anytime and it has so I did not want to take any chances. We parted with me saying should they ever build a hospital near the school, I'll definitely be giving them a call! It would've been a really cool place to be. Hopefully this just means that there are other future cool places to be that won't be such a stretch for us.
I heard back from one of the tutoring places and they said thanks but no thanks. Whatever. This Friday, I have to attend a four hour long info session for the other tutoring place that finally called me back so we'll see how things go.
The situation here on the homefront is getting worse (how could it possibly get any worse than what it was before you might ask. well, it has). I am to the point where if I see that man lay a hand on my husband (which he has done at least on two occasions in the last couple of weeks)that man better watch out. He had the nerve to come up to me today to say that if we didn't have any money, we shouldn't move out. Easy for him to say when he's not the one whose life has been made into a living hell. The fact that my husband now lives with a life-long illness doesn't seem to matter. When actually, it should take precedence over everything especially when it comes to their interactions with each other. It changes everything but this cold, heartless, soul-less man only sees things in black and white. This is a person who expects people to NEVER forget anything and holds grudges against people because they didn't follow his orders. This is a man who locked my SIL out of a bathroom because she 'forgot' to put the bathroom mats back on the floor. She had to go to the bathroom and could not go because that cold, heartless, soul-less man kept her from using the bathroom. Do you know what his response to this was when I brought it up to him? "I only did that ONCE."  Any reasoning with this man is pointless. He doesn't register a word that is said to him. So I have stopped fighting. I refuse to waste my intelligence on such a pitiful excuse for a human being. I cried tears of disappointment, shame, and disbelief. I apologized to my SIL for the horrible treatment she received from both the males in my immediate family. No one deserves to be treated the way she was. Today, I got a glimpse of what her life must've been like when she had to suffer in this house and I would never want to wish that kind of pain on anyone.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know what to say, sweetie - just sending {{hugs}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so sorry...praying for better days...hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am hoping things get easier for you, and you find a place to move to. You shouldn't have to subject yourself to that any more.

    Sending you hugs as well.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!