Saturday, December 11, 2010

gingerbread

This week, I sent home a family homework assignment. It was to decorate a paper gingerbread. The only rules were that it had to be done as a family and that they were welcome to use whatever they wanted. I've done this at most of the schools I worked at. I wasn't expecting to get many back because the last time I did this project at a charter school. I only got a handful back. Boy was I surprised yesterday morning!
Fifteen of my children remembered to do the activity. Two of them made more than one gingerbread. I will try to get better shots of them on Monday. They did a really good job and I made sure to tell them! I am hoping to get more on Monday especially since one of my students was out and was really bummed that he wasn't going to get to turn it on yesterday.
Last night was also my first work Christmas party at my boss's house. I dragged my sister along. The major selling point was free food and free liquor. lol. It was an interesting event. Many parents (particularly on the board!) still don't know who I am which isn't a big deal to me. I kind of like my anonymity.
I finished my mitts that I started earlier this week so I will try to post a finished pic soon!

2 comments:

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!