Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Last minute holiday startitis

In all the years that I have been a knitter, this is the first year where I will be giving more than one handmade gifts. With our cash flow running into the toilet, I didn't want to NOT give gifts. I also didn't like having to tell certain people that their Christmas gift from us was going to be late. Why I decided to start Christmas gift knitting THIS week I couldn't tell you. I cast on for a slouchy for my sister.
She hates them but I'm trying to make her more versatile. lol. I kept saying if she would wear WHATEVER kind of hat I made for her and she said yes. She started to figure out what I was talking about. It has been slow goings. I need to focus!!
I want to cast on for these too. They are SO her. She keeps telling me she doesn't want mittens because you have to take them off to do stuff..well, the person that designed these is a genius if you ask me!
Yesterday, I decided I needed to cast on for something for my SIL. I decided on something called cuckoo.
It is actually a fast knit. I am already at the last repeat for the hat body and soon I'll be working on crown decreases. I stayed up VERY late last night knitting and watching tv. I hope she likes it. She has a lacy pink one that she picked up at a shop and she wears it all the time. I figured this color would go with anything.
I have also been working on this.
I am a few inches away from completion but I'm sure I'm going to run out of yarn. I haven't decided yet what I am going to do. I have some paton's merino wool in a similar shade but I also have some more debbie bliss in a contrasting shade as well. Decisions, decisions. I better decide quick!
Oh, I also managed to cast on for my sister's first pair of handmade socks!
I gave her a pair before she moved to Chicago which she wears every night!
I gave her another pair the other day.
I'm pretty sure I won't finish the socks in time to give to her as a Christmas gift but they'll be finished before she goes back to Chicago.
Back to the knitting!!

3 comments:

  1. Wow, you have a lot to finish in a very small amount of time...good luck.

    I'm getting there, but I still have lots to do. It won't be long now :)

    Have a wonderful Christmas and a very happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck getting everything finished! Everything looks great so far by the way! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great projects! I totally have startitis now, but I'm stopping myself, because I barely get knitting time these days. I hope to find more time to knit as Q starts sleeping more hours and I am less sleep deprived.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!