Friday, December 31, 2010

the last day of 2010

This year has been marked with disease, family strife, financial woes, and a few new beginnings.
Let's focus on the good stuff, shall we?
  • The hubs and I moved into our own place. 
  • My sister moved to Chicago. 
  • I am teaching again in a classroom of my very own at a school that I actually kind of like and might even see myself working at until I'm old. 
  • I reconnected with an old but still very dear and important friend. 
  • The monkey started preschool. 
  • The hubs went back to school. 
  • The hubs just started a new job.
Not too bad, right? I think the good might actually outweigh all the bad this year has brought. I am SO glad we are hours away from this year being over. I am almost positive that 2011 is going to be less drama-filled (at least that's what I'm hoping!) and maybe even less of a financial nightmare too.

In terms of knitting, I completed 33 projects this year and ten of them were shawls!!

There were only two pairs of socks, one face mask, six hats, four cowls, two pairs of ear warmers, four scarves, one pair of mittens, and two pairs of fingerless mitts.
For 2011, I'd like to get back into a few more socks. I think I might finally cast on for that vest for the hubs. I might even finally cast on for an audrey in unst for myself (good thing I waited..it would've been a tad big on me and I'd have to gift it to my sister!). I also want to cast on for some endpaper mitts. Got the yarn all ready (it's been sitting out on the floor for weeks now!). Before I set my sights so high, I still have to finish the pair of socks I began for my sister, the hat I should be working on right now, and possibly the OMG mittens (but I'm still on the fence about my yarn choice!).

In terms of reading, I didn't fare as well as I had hoped. I guess that's what happens when you're easily distracted by your job as a teacher. :P I was only able to complete 25 novels. Tori Spelling was quite popular with me this year. lol. Amidst my 25 reads, there were some really good ones. I think my favorites for the year would be (in no particular order): My Life in France, Eat, Pray Love, and The Help. The last two have been key in my journey through 2010.

Resolutions for the new year? I haven't taken the time to think of any yet. When I do, I'll let you know. I can tell you that I went through this apartment and did a much needed cleaning/de-cluttering which says to me that I don't like entering a new year "dirty."  I vacuumed, most of the trash is out (still need to take the rest of the recycling down!), the laundry is done, and my bedroom floor is clear once again. Clean room, clean conscience, right?

With that, I am off to work on more narratives. I've got about 4 done and I had challenged myself to get 3 done today (and it's after 6!!).

May you all have a fantastic new year!

3 comments:

  1. Definitely more good than bad in 2010. Stay positive...I have a feeling 2011 will be even better for you both :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year hun! Hoping you have a fantastic 2011. May it bring you what 2010 couldn't.

    I hope only good things to come for you guys! You deserve it! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that's a lot of knitting... I like the collage..what did u use to make it???

    2011 has to be a great year... I'm looking forward to one too!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!