Wednesday, July 11, 2012

no sugar


Last month, I decided to try out not having any sugar for a month. The hubs and I started earlier this month. Though we have had a little tripping up because to me, sweeteners are considered sugar.  We accidentally had diet coke sometime last week and while we were at my best friend's house, she swore up and down that Coke Zero has no sugar at all.  The only sugar we've been eating is natural sugars from fruit. Can I tell you that it's been hard!  I am a girl, who loves her sweets. I miss having chocolate! I miss eating ice cream!  Now the reason behind going no sugar? Really just to see if we could do it.  The first few days, left us hungry. We noticed that a majority of the snacks we eat are sweet ones (hence the hunger).  The hubs also said that sugar fills you up more.  At least I still have popcorn!

4 comments:

  1. I really miss cake and icing sometimes. It takes a few weeks to get used to it, but the cravings do go away, but pop up sometimes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm impressed. I can't imagine giving up sugar, largely because I have to have my Coke fix every morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. don't be so impressed. i'm counting down the days til i can have sugar again!

      Delete
  3. You are brave! I have always wanted to do that but don't have the will power!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!