Thursday, April 3, 2008

did you watch oprah today???

I have to tell you, one of the things I miss about working full-time is the fact that I have to miss Oprah. Since I've been on vacation, I've been able to catch up. I was watching Tuesday afternoon (I think!) and when I saw the commercial for today's show, there was no way I was going to miss it. I was talking to my good friend from San Diego (who just moved to Portland last week!) and I was telling him about the show. He said the guy is probably transgender. I didn't want to google the pregnant man but I had to. And that's when I found out M was correct. I was like, 'Did you have to ruin this for me?? I really wanted a man to be pregnant, naturally.' lol. I read the articles posted in a brit paper and their original interview with The Advocate. Did they really have to go to Oprah and People magazine? I'm wondering if they got paid. In other news, I'm trying to catch up on blogs. There are currently four that I'm behind on. I hope to be caught up before school starts back up again on Monday...

2 comments:

  1. LOVE the new yellow blog. Yes I watched Oprah with the pregnant woman/man. No way a real man could get preggos, I'm sure. But because she was born a she..... but a man now... she could still have a baby.

    Good for them. But still, it's weird. I heard about it, but didn't believe it, but then saw it on Oprah (Love my PVR!) Going to go check out that article online that you linked. Hoping my free issues of People will include the one with their article. I hope it doesn't run out before then! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been reading about that too, and at the risk of starting a controversial thread, I don't see the big deal. Yes, she had her chest flattened and takes male hormones. But she kept her female reproductive organs which means she IS STILL A WOMAN. AND WOMEN GET PREGNANT. So what's the big mystery? That's gonna be one confused kid. I will get off my soapbox now. Hope you still love me! lol

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!