Tuesday, April 1, 2008

burnt out

I got back from my vacation that I spent at home with my parents on Sunday. I thought I was only going to stay for a week but I ended up staying longer. I went alone-which I haven't done in a really, really long time. It was nice. It was good for me to be home alone. I was able to realize that all the madness that had occurred up until the day I left for my first week of Spring Break had burnt me out. At home, I was able to relax and take life slowly again. I didn't get to knit as much as I had wanted. I went away with the intention of coming back with a finished pair of socks but I wasn't happy with the way they were turning out. They kept pooling. I was dying to get a pair of socks done. But alas, I couldn't go online to search for any patterns since the internet and the computer in general at my parents' house is a bit screwy. I did swing by one yarn shop with the intention of picking up some goodies for my downstream fcs3 pal but I realized that I didn't really know what she liked other than the color schemes. So I walked out empty-handed. I emailed her and found out that a lot of the yarns she was interested in, were at the yarn shop but I had no intention of returning.
I got to spend lots of time with my niece. My parents baby sit her Wednesday-Sunday. She's there all day Saturday and Sunday. I also got to spend lots of time with my dad while my mom was at work. So here's a montage of some pictures of that lil rambunctious one: My dad taught her how to stick her tongue out. Nice, huh? ;)
Here she is 'trying to help' my mom and I build the new tv stand for the new tv my parents got. She's so handy.
Look at those lil cheeks!! She just woke up from a nap..
Here she is on Easter Sunday. She's riding the 'horse' (my sister) I provided forher.
must. keep. watching. tv.
hmmm...eat or play with my stroller? maybe a little of both.
i know you!
you're kinda cute. lol. another thing my dad taught her to do--kiss the mirror.
here she is with my mom at the mall in an ice cream truck.
here she is rockin' out with my earmuffs.

She obviously has quite the personality. She's a goof. And she wants your attention-all of the time. She recognizes the smell of popcorn and expects to be given some when you have some. She recognizes m&m's too. (thanks to my mom!). She's likes being read to--although she doesn't have quite the attention span for it. She likes to eat apples and jicama. She can say 'imagine' and has a really amazing memory. I can't wait to find out what cool things she'll be doing when I see her next. Next post: knitting content!!!

ETA: I talked to my mom earlier this week (It's Sunday night now!) and she told me that the lil monkey went searching for me after I left! :( I guess after she woke up from her nap, she went into my bedroom to look for me. I was so sad when she told me this!!

3 comments:

  1. Your little niece is so adorable. I can see how much fun it must have been :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is so cute. Glad you had a good time at home visiting your parents, but sorry to hear about your failed knitting project.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! She is growing up so fast. Whatta cutie.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!