Monday, October 20, 2008

knitter on a mission

ETA: Pics now added! The mission I am trying to accomplish is to get about 7 baby hats knit up in time for the baby shower I will be attending this coming Saturday! So far, I've completed one called a tubey. I just need to finish weaving in the ends. I started a doodie and a cubba. All of these hats are from wee woolly toppers. They are so freakin' cute! The hats are all kind of mindless knits and I'm itching to get back to my clap and to my lace ribbon scarf that I started two weekends ago! Well, I cast on for a second clap. After checking out the seasons yarn club forum on rav, I decided to use my three skeins of aran silky for a clap. So far so good. My first clap is sitting pretty. I'm still on the fence as to what I'm going to do with it. I love my second one and hope that it will be done in time for the winter. I'd like to have my lace ribbon scarf done before fall is over but we'll see. It's slow goings--at least for this week! I really like how my lace ribbon scarf is coming along--even though I've only completed 2 full pattern repeats! My progress shots of my lace ribbon scarf and my second clap are on a dead camera. So after it's charged, I should be able to upload their gorgeous pics! I've been trying to knit from my stash-especially since more yarn is on its way (when is it not lately??). I've been bad at posting (particularly knitting content!) so I do apologize. The knitting has been keeping sane after these trying times at work! On a non-knitting note, my ankle is definitely getting better. It's still a bit swollen but I feel it healing. I've got an additional six more sessions of physical therapy to get me as close to 100% as possible.

5 comments:

  1. are you crazy... 7 hats by Saturday????

    good luck sweetie... I wish you fast fingers and some sleep!

    thanks for the award. I'm off to post it tonight. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. good luck!!! you can get all those hats done! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. All of the hats are adorable!! Good luck getting them done in time :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hats are adorable! Love the lace scarf! The clap is a fun knit! Good luck getting the hats all done!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The first picture, is that Perfect day Yarns from my sock club?

    Love the color of your Clap! WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!