Thursday, October 2, 2008

worst. day. ever.

I never thought I'd have a bad day at work. The kind of day where I literally didn't want to work there anymore. It's not just the ankle talking---though the ankle has had a hand in this revelation of mine. Who would've thought a sprain could cause such havoc. Certainly, I had no idea. The distaste for my current school began Tuesday evening when our Admissions Director came up to me and told me that she'd appreciate it if in the future, I didn't schedule any appointments when we have group tours. Um, no one told me (beforehand) that I couldn't do this and I apologized for having done this. I scheduled all my appointments in advance before it was even announced that group tours were going to begin. I left work annoyed that she got in my face about that but held my tongue. My partner has been getting annoying and obnoxious. Have I made this publicly known yet? She complains ALL the time and is often found saying, "At _______we did things this way.." We would NEVER do that at ______." I honestly don't care if that's not how things were done at _____. You're not at that place anymore. You're here, with me. (unfortunately!). Okay, back to the appt thing--btw, this appt. that they wanted me to try to reschedule is for physical therapy. How our Admissions Director had the audacity to basically ask that I choose my job over my health, I don't know. Being the good employee that I am, I called the physical therapy office today to see if I could reschedule for another day/time/whatever. I got a new appt., emailed the person who is in charge of scheduling and filling spots when teachers are out and guess what? I had an email in my inbox waiting from him saying that next Wednesday is okay because the freakin' Admissions Director decided not to do a group tour that day!!! (So my annoyance level was starting to build). My annoying partner started jumping all over me when I told her I rescheduled my appt. She was going on and on about how she couldn't understand why they'd ask me to do such a thing...it didn't make any sense..she'd be okay alone..I've been at the school for a while now so why are they doing this, ETC. I had to walk out. I couldn't take hearing her complain about it anymore. The icing on the cake was mid-day when our admin. asst. told me she needed to talk to me and proceeded to tell me that the person who oversees her was going to have a chat with my fiance! I think about the fact that he's around everyday (he drops me off and picks me up because the parking lot is a bit of a walk from the school) and he's so comfortable @ the school that he'll sometimes sit at our admin. asst. desk (when he's waiting around for me). I immediately called him after she told me what was gonna go down and he said he'd just wait for me outside of the school from now on then. The admin. asst. did say though that he's around so much because he's been picking me up and dropping me off at school. So all of this, made me not want to work at my school anymore and you all know that I've suddenly gotten on the fence about leaving next school year. I think I'm back on that fence. I still like the school but now I'm starting to feel as though it's not the right fit anymore. And I have to say that in all my jobs that I've had, this is the first where I've ever felt unhappy. I generally tend to like the places I choose to work but this place...I'm starting to feel as though they don't want me there anymore and you know what? I'm okay with that because I'm starting to feel as though I don't want to be there anymore anyway.

9 comments:

  1. oh no!! i'm really sorry to hear that things aren't going so well at work. i hope they improve at least enough to be bearable for the year...

    as a sidenote, i instantly thought of pheobe on the magic school bus when you were talking about your partner. she was always saying "at my old school..." um, random, i know. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have my sympathy. I find the attitude at your school odd and just bad. My husband works in the public school system and he would certainly say your health is the priority (if he read your blog). I hope your ankle improves and the work situation is bearable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwww,hon! I'm so sorry everyone at your workplace is being poopie! Maybe you need to stop being so nice and accommodating to them and actually speak up and speak your mind!! Some of the stuff they've said and done is inappropriate, and rather than apologizing (don't ask me how I know this), perhaps your should start telling them a little about what YOU don't like that THEY are doing! So there!

    Hang in there--it will all work out in the end. Just do what's best for you and try not to get too stressed out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. sorry you had a crap day. I think it was in the air. hope today was better and the weekend clears the air for you a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure hope things get better real soon! You need a hug...here's a BIG hug for you :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww, rho, i am so sorry that you are not feeling the love anymore at this school. i know how happy you were to be there and it is a shame that things aren't going so well right now. we need to talk because i'm finally at a school i love, but you know i know all about being unhappy at a school.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh, sorry thigns are going so crappy over there!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry to hear about the problems at school. What's a group tour?

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!