Friday, June 19, 2009

the end

Today was my last day at my old school, ever. I was the first one there and the last one to leave. As I approached the front gate, I thought, "This is the last time I'll use these keys to get into the school." When I approached our front door, I thought the same thing. I'm not sad about leaving but I will miss a lot of my coworkers tremendously. I am going to miss our weekly whole school assemblies and I've been told that I better visit. I received lots of well wishes for all of my impending changes too. And as for how am I feeling? The excitement finally hit when I was unloading my fiance's car with the last of my things that I had at school and carrying it all into the garage. I'm getting married. We're moving! My life is going to continue to snowball and one day, I hope things will slow down to a more manageable pace again! In a week, it'll be one month until my wedding day! There are still some final details that I'm working on but there isn't much left. I put in a deposit for our wedding cake today. I have a hair consultation tomorrow. My sister sent the shower evites. The wedding invitations will go out tomorrow (finally!). I need to figure out what songs my sister needs to dl onto her ipod. I also need to figure out where we're getting both the wedding favors and shower favors. There's been some knitting amidst all of this though. Remember how much I loved my rosewood? Well, it has turned into this:I'm mere rows away from completion but I'm out of yarn!! The lovely sniggle has so graciously offered to trade her skein of rosewood for something out of my stash. I can't wait for it to get here!! I suppose while I wait for its arrival I could work on my sister's something blue but we'll see.

3 comments:

  1. The last day on a job is always bittersweet, isn't it? Ishbel looks wonderful - love the color!

    Good luck on the wedding plans - sounds like you have gotten a lot done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. bittersweet for the last day, no?

    I love the shawl... glad you found another skein!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shawl looks gorgeous, is that Ishbel?

    All these changes will be awesome! You will see! We're growing up!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!