WELL, Andrea and I are finally getting along. I realized after ripping back for the umpteenth time that I had some stitch markers in the wrong spots so maybe that's why I had some trouble. Also for some reason, I kept moving stitch markers over if the stitch marker came in the middle of a pattern repeat. Don't ask me why. I just did. I am now up to row...11 I think and soon I will be up to the striping part! I can't wait.
Now I am a knitter who loves a good chart but for some reason the Andrea's Shawl cart and I weren't a good mix. So for this shawl, I am using the written directions and am having a much easier time than when I was relying on the chart and my INability to read it. lol. Here she is thus far: