Saturday, October 30, 2010

Saturday

When I got out of bed this morning to open up all the windows in our apt and draw up the shades, I saw this rainbow and I just had to take a picture.
Fortunately, it didn't rain on our field trip yesterday. It was..interesting. It was fun but I think my next field trip will just involve my own class. No one knew who was in charge (though I didn't claim to be at all!) and the parents could see how disorganized it was! There was a corn maze (which I didn't get a picture of though I did get lost in it at the very end with one of the moms and her son. It was funny. She was more intent on finding some ears of corn to take home with us!!
For the kids there was a little jumpy house for lil ones.
 a mini maze
 and a bigger jumpy house which all 90+ children ran toward!
There were rabbits, chickens, roosters, peacocks, geese, and lots of other birds. Though I didn't get any shots of them. Is it a goose that hisses? Because one did at one of my students. It was sort of funny. He didn't do anything. He just went over to look at the thing. I asked him to back up cos I didn't want him to get attacked!
There was a haunted barn which was SUPER dark! There was a koi pond and there were snapping turtles too. Sorry for the lack of pictures. Most of the shots I have are of my students.
Monday is a teacher workday and it will begin with a breakfast at Marie Callendar's. I have a feeling this month is going to go by very quickly. The next Thursday and Friday we have off due to Veteran's Day and then a week and a half after that it's already Thanksgiving!!
I have been knitting a bit on It's Good to be a Girl.
 a close-up
It's nice mindless knitting with a teeny bit of thinking throw in when I'm doing the increase rows. I am two pattern repeats away from starting on the ruffle. As for Andrea..I don't even want to think about her. lol. I'm going to try to work on answering some letters that have been piling up!
Ooh, the mail just got here and my latest shipments of Stash Menagerie and Sock Yarnista have arrived. Here is Cornucopia
 and here is Bountiful which is definitely destined for shawl-fame.

6 comments:

  1. Your shawl will be very pretty, especially with a ruffle...I love ruffles :)

    happy halloween :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh i really like the color of your shawl. I can't wait to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great stash enhancement!

    Love the color of Good to be Girl.

    I've always wanted to do a corn maze - maybe one day I'll get to! Sounds like fun!

    Oh wow, great rainbow. I love rainbows.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Phew! Yay for surviving that crazy, disorganized field trip. When there are so many things to do, it's bound to happen.

    Good to be a Girl is looking so cute. And the yarny gorgeousness! I'm jeaaaaalous (as if I don't have a stash problem already).

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the yarn!

    I really wanted to take the boys to a corn maze this year but we haven't made it and doubt we will.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!