Tuesday, March 1, 2011

emergency trip

The hubs and I had to make a last minute trip down to LA for the weekend. His dad had surgery on Friday and he really wanted to be there for him. We left Saturday afternoon and got back last night. His dad is still in the hospital but was supposed to have been moved out of ICU at some point yesterday.  He is in recovery. He is okay but I don't think the worst is over just yet. There's talk of a second possible surgery but we will know more once he recovers from this last surgery.
While we were back in LA, we managed to spend a lot of time with my awesome friend, E, from my old school. We finally used our gift card to Hurry Curry and we had to make a stop at Boba Time. The best boba in the WORLD!! Oh, how we miss our Boba Time. We also stopped by Santa Monica Place to see the completed renos. It's very different from what it once was. We weren't impressed. It's too much like Century City and in our eyes, one Century City Plaza is enough.
Near the end of our trip, with all of our drive time (going from one end of LA to the other twice), I decided to work on my second sock. As of last night, I have turned the heel so I'm not too faraway from completion.
Today is National Pancake Day here in the US and IHOP has been giving a free short stack all day today. So in honor of National Pancake Day, here are some recipes I stumbled upon today: Bread pudding pancakes, tiramisu pancakes, and the fluffiest pancakes EVER. Enjoy!

5 comments:

  1. Glad you are back safe and sound :) I hope his father does well and recovers easily. (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for catching up over at my blog. I'm sorry for the emergency. I know all too well the ups and down of that process as I went through it with my dad 3 years ago. Sock knitting will help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute blog. I added you to my feed reader. I can't wait to follow you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your father-in law's emergency surgery. Will keep him in my prayers.
    Boba is a new to me...did a little googling and got an education. As far as I know we don't have any boba places around here. I bet they have shops closer to Boston. Interesting...I've always loved pearl tapioca, but I've only had it in apple tapioca pudding :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear about your FIL's surgery, I hope he is doing better now. Any news?

    Sounds like the rest of your trip was good. At least you were able to make the most out of your time there... :)

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!