Sunday, January 1, 2012

hello 2012!

I spent much of today decluttering.  I put away some of the Christmas decorations (though not all of them)!  I read a bit. I started three different books!  I wasn't sure which one I would like most so I figured start all of them and see which one I get into more. I have only one week left of winter vacation. I need to get in as much reading as I can this week!  The narratives are still waiting to be finished. I was supposed to have been working on them over the last few days. HA. That SO didn't happen. I've found other ways to occupy my time. Like spend an entire afternoon watching season 5 of How I Met Your Mother. I know, they're in season 7 now. I don't care. I like being behind!  I've got my blog reading down to only about 11 posts.  All the new calendars are up. I have letters that need answering and I must get to those before the end of the week. So much to do, and yet very little desire to get some of those things done (namely my narratives!).  Maybe when the hubs goes to work tomorrow I'll be able to work on them.  I'm much too distracted in our new home than I was at our last place. Oh well. Life goes on and those blasted narratives will eventually get done. They've gotta get done-they're due when I go back to school. :P

5 comments:

  1. It must be a "going into winter" activity to declutter and try to get things done. Going to work sure does give you a deadline ... being retired I don't have many deadlines - I actually do better with a deadline.

    Happy New Year to you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly what you mean - I'd rather sit on the couch and watch reruns of cartoons with the kids than do things I need to for school, housework, etc. Eventually those things will get done - I don't care either, I like being behind too :) Enjoy your last week of break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's nice you have another week off. This past week went by way too fast and I didn't get much accomplished. Decorations are away and I did get caught up on laundry, but that's about it. Hopefully I'll be back in a routine come tomorrow :)

    happy new year :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Decluttering is good!

    Can you believe our Xmas tree only went down this week! LOL. Sean kept saying that he liked looking at it! HA HA!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!