Monday, March 17, 2008

book meme

The Rules: 1. Pick up the nearest book of 123 (or more) pages. Venus Envy by Shannon McKelden 2. Open the book to page 123 and find the 5th sentence. 5th sentence is: "I pushed off the bench and wandered to the far side of the garage to my car." 3. Post the next 3 sentences. "I lifted the corner of the dustcover a few inches, just far enough to see a patch of bright red over a still shiny chrome bumper. I knew that if I lifted the cover higher, I'd find the black soft top stretched taut, in near-perfect condition. Just the way I'd left her." 4. Tag 5 people. Too lazy.

1 comment:

  1. Reading revised version of Bulfinch's Age of Fable or Beauties of Mythology (1898). Page 123 is mostly a photo of Echo so looked across to page 122. Next three sentences--"Echo was a beautiful nymph, fond of the woods and hills, where she devoted herself to woodland sports. She was a favorite of Diana, and attended her in the chase. But Echo had one failing; she was fond of talking, and whether in chat or argument, would have the last word. One day Juno was seeking her husband, who, she had reason to fear, was amusing himself among the nymphs. Echo by her talk contrived to detain the goddess till the nymphs made their escape." Hhhhmmm. Will keep reading. Need to see how this turns out------

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!