Tuesday, March 4, 2008

slow month day 1

You know, I have to admit that I don't have trouble not spending money in real life. Most of the money I find myself spending lately has been on yarn. Maybe I need to do 2 months worth of a slow month (just in regards to yarn!!) but then I might miss out on something. lol! Today was easy. The hard days come near the end of the month. I tend to do binge online shopping near the end of the month be it books/cds/yarn. That's what I know about myself so the real test is coming. I received some interesting news today which will kind of change my work situation a bit. I can't share just yet as it's still pretty hush hush. It's going to be good though. I also forgot to mention that I'm going to start working with a student at my school after school two times a week so that'll be some extra pocket money. That also means less blogging time and I'll get even more behind than I already am (until Spring Break!). I've been toying with the idea of tutoring over the summer for extra money so we'll see. I'm thinking that I might end up tutoring my current students since over the summer, they will technically be 1st graders. I won't get paid during the summer hence the reason for needing to tutor to pay the rent and the bills! I'll try to post every other day or at least once a week with regards to how my slow month is going. I learned to not spend @ all when I was unemployed which is why this isn't so difficult. Starting it was difficult though but that's another story.

5 comments:

  1. Glad the change at work will be a good one!

    Danny has been doing tutoring and he seems to enjoy it. So I say go for the tutoring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Summer camp is where it's at.

    I work as a camp counselor over the summer, and most of the group leaders and administrators are teachers during the year.

    It's the best because you get to stay outside all summer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to have found the tutoring gig!
    Ah, the tease sounds good! Can't wait to find out what it is! I've not been online in so long now that I'm healthier and online a bit more I so hope I remember to pop back over to find out the news!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the new change at work. Don't feel badly, I'm not working, and I find it really hard to keep up with everything. I just do what I can do when i have a few spare minutes. Of course family always comes first :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hate missing out on yarn too - lol... I know what you mean!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!