Wednesday, August 27, 2008

ouch

I've been MIA for the last few days. I had a bit of an accident at work on Monday morning (within the first 20 min of being at school!!!). Here's the wrap made for me by our science teacher. We didn't even have ANY ice in the freezers. We had to go through first aid kits to find ice packs for me! Our PE coach went down to the cafe across the street for some ice too. What a way to begin our very first day with all the staff on site! :( These are pictures of what my ankle was starting to look like while we waited to see a doctor. The swelling was starting to get bigger (not sure if you can really tell in the pictures) We ended up having to go to the emergency room. Kaiser is lame. When they finally saw me, they provided me with an air cast and some crutches. Btw, this is my first time to ever go into the emergency room and the first time I've ever hurt myself this badly! Oh, and lots of pain meds. I spent most of yesterday laid up in bed (with my foot elevated) falling in and out of consciousness (thanks to some vicodin). The area is numb. I can't really put any weight on it yet. The crutches are killing me. Today, I am sore everywhere and I don't know if it's from the fall I took or if it's from the damn crutches!! :( I am due back at work tomorrow though (according to my doctor's note) but we'll see how that goes. There are a lot of stairs there and I'm not that great on the crutches! I can wiggle my toes and bend my foot up and down (very carefully) so hopefully soon I'll be walking normal again. Fingers crossed that I lose the crutches by the first day of school.

9 comments:

  1. Ouch, hope you feel better soon. Maybe get some extra knitting time while you're resting your foot?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ouch! That ankle looks bad! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Broken? Not broken? I hope it's not broken!
    Oh no!! Take care and REST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, my goodness ouch is right!!
    Your ankle looks awful...hope by now it's feeling better. I can't believe it's not broken or fractured...sure hope they took xrays??
    hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMgosh! I hope you're doing OK! Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh no! what the heck did you do?! i hope that it gets better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OUCH!!!!!!! ankles are so painful and long healing (sorry) hope your back jumping and dancing soon. How did it happen???

    ReplyDelete
  8. omg girl! not a good way to start of the school year. looks like it hurt bad! hope it is feeling better soon. i see that you emailed so i'll check that out and get back to you. hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch!!! When I busted my ankle the other year our ER just wrapped it up and gave me crutches. I was sobbing in pain. After days of the ankle swelling up bigger and bigger and turning more black and blue and not being able to put any weight on it at all I finally went to my doc who said there was a fracture and casted it. ER's totally suck!

    I hope it's healing well for you and you aren't in a lot of pain.

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!