Monday, August 18, 2008

what a day!

I'm nearing the end of my 'summer' faster than I thought I'd be. :P But today, was an excellent day! I finally saw 'Dark Knight' and while I didn't love it, I did think it was pretty good. Also on tap for today was that I saw Jeremy Piven at a local market and I think he knew I saw him. My eyes bugged out and I said to my fiance, "omg, it's Ari!" (but not in a loud voice!). And he turned toward the atm machine! I think I also saw Emmanuelle Chriqui in the same market a lil while before Ari was in there. To top off our afternoon, we saw a building with the decal 'peach pit' on it!!! I did some googling and learned that this particular restaurant is being used as the 'peach pit' for the new 90210! They're filming there tomorrow. No celeb sightings there..though it would've been cool to see Jennie Garth! lol. Okay now for some knitting..since I last posted, I have only completed one project...and I started two more! Here's how my clap is coming along..I have started the increases. It's slow going. I had intended to have this done in time for the fall. I know, it isn't even fall yet but by the looks of things, it may not be done before winter gets here! Here's what my express lane socks look like so far. So this yarn wasn't destined to be part of a chevron after all. C'est la vie. Here's a side view. And here's a view of the main pattern. I haven't decided on how long to make it yet. And lastly, here's my celtic cable heel sock which is now complete and I've since casted on for the second sock and have completed the toe. I'm working on the stockinette part now.Now for some yarn, some club kits, and my package from my sp12 pal. :) Here's some new yarn! Some yp merino sock in pretty pirate. And she is so, so pretty! I picked her from BritSpins on Ravelry! Some Lisa Souza Sock! in Agua Fresca which I got in a trade with bartons15 on ravelry. This is Alpaca with a Twist Fino in Coral Gables, from the same trade with bartons15. :) This is Mariner's Revenge from No Two Snowflakes. Now for some clubs!! I believe this is the July Robyn's Nest Sock Kit. There was so much stuff. And I get to try out dyeing my own yarn! Love the keychain sock blocker keychain and the fact that I even have sample yarn. I also got some new dpns, more of my new favorite stitchmarkers, and of couse some soak. :) Thanks for the great kit! :) This came the same day. :) My second package from my sp12! Look at all the yarn!!! There's a mix of kp cotton yarn, some amazingly soft happy feet sock yarn, and a pattern below (which I accidentally left out of the first picture!). Thanks, sp! :) Now for the woolgirl sock club kit! Here's the bag...And a close-up of the emblem on the bag (so freakin' cool!!!). And here's what came in the bag! A mini beach ball, two sock patterns, some flip flop erasers, lip balm, a stitchmarker, a new tape measure, a water bottle and some yummy madelinetosh yarn. I present to you, beach towel. If you made it this far, congratulations and thank you. :) We are officially back home and have been home for a few days now and it's like we never left here. Our plants are still vacationing though but we'll be picking them up soon! I have to make an appearance or two at school on Wednesday (since my contract says so! and probably for the rest of the week!) but in my book, I'm not officially due back at school until next Monday. :) Where in the world did summer go?? Note to self: Do not tutor next summer. It will go by more slowly. :)

7 comments:

  1. I love love love the colors of your clapotis!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gah! I didn't get my Woolgirl yet. VERY excited. I know it shipped last Monday, I'm hoping it comes soon. Thanks for the sneak peak. I can't wait to get the tote and all that jazz too, I love the colorway!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the knitting - but the green socks - gorgeous! Great yarn too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great gifties and knitting! I love the green socks. You're right, summer went way too fast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had that experience before - I saw Keith Gordon (Back to School, etc) in L.A. once and I knew it was him and I was pretty excited - I didn't say anything and he noticed, but I wasn't sure if he was like "someone recognizes me" or "that girl noticed me" but it was pretty funny. I love having star sightings. Great haul on your Woolgirl package!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your clap looks fabulous...looks almost finished to me :)

    LOVE your Express Lane socks...beautiful color and pattern :)

    Wow that's a lot of new yarn...should keep you busy for quite some time :)

    happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. your projects look great and so does all that yarn! yummy! my summer has gone by too quickly, too. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!