Wednesday, June 29, 2011

yay!

Well, I did a couple of changes here. I don't think I can muster up anymore in the near future. lol. I did my first header and that alone was a pain in the behind. For my first official week off from school, I watched two of my favorite disney classics, I began and nearly finished a shawl (ran out of yarn and am still trying to figure out what I'm going to do), went to the library and picked up the book versions of the aforementioned classics, received a book that I won from a blog contest, started reading that new book, went to the beach with the hubs, and made a bazillion much needed phone calls.
Unfortunately, no pics to share from the beach (yet). They are all on the hubs' phone and he is at his ceramics class! No pics of the shawl either until I figure out what I'm going to do. I'm either going to post on rav to see if anyone has any leftovers of the particular yarn I used, used scrap yarn that I have on hand (though this sucker is a pain to match!) or another option may be to rip back a few rows and go down a needle size. I'm about 3 rows away from completion. I kind of don't have the heart to just use whatever scrap yarn I have on hand because it would just bug me to no end. SO, it looks like I may just rip back a few rows? But now I'm starting to feel like I could just frog the whole thing and use the smaller needles from the beginning to avoid having a short fall again. Guess we'll see.
Okay, I felt guilty.
Here's my almost finished shawl.
And here's my book that I won!
So far so good! It arrived on the heels of my having watched the season premiere of the latest season of Celebrity Rehab. lol. Talk about timing. I always kind of wondered what sorts of things happened in rehab-especially with 'celebrities' and now I get a fictional view. I finished Pollyanna in a day and I had started Swiss Family Robinson the following day but Spin is a lighter read. I caught up on most of my magazines..and soon I'll start working on my mail again!
I heard from one of my parents that they had received their son's narrative and were quite pleased. Then I realized the other parents got THEIR reports and some were not so glowing. I was quite candid.  Let's see if anyone contacts me.

3 comments:

  1. Love the new blog header.

    Did you finish Spin? What did you think? You have to read Arranged too by her if you haven't yet. I think you got that one, too, no?

    You know, I've never seen nor read those 2 classics you watched/read. Never even heard of them either. Probably tsk tsk on me!

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!