Thursday, June 30, 2011

the unthinkable

Well, after blogging yesterday, I made a decision regarding my unfinished shawl. I decided to rip back to right before the lace begins and go down a needle size.
While working on my shawl, I made a third decision. I decided to sort of tweak the pattern a bit to further ensure that I would have enough yarn to finish.  I made a plea on rav too for any leftovers of the yarn I used. Too bad I didn't go back online until now. The shawl is now complete. It is actually having a bath right now. So here is what it looked like before it went off for a bath.
 here's how much yarn i had leftover!
and here's a rough close-up.
After finishing up this baby (after hibernating for about a week!), I decide to do some other frogging.
Remember this?
Well, after hibernating for over a year, I decided to frog this sucker. So now it looks like this:
I am entertaining the idea of turning the balls of yarn into this. Yes, it's got acrylic in it and the stuff flies everywhere but what else am I going to do with all of this? lol. At least it's soft.  I only have 4 skeins of yarn though. I may cast on for it and see how far I get. But I first have to make sure I have the correct pattern since she has since updated it since she first released it about 3 years ago!
Not sure what I will cast on for next but it most likely will be a piece of clothing-either that vest I had promised the hubs or a cardi for myself. I have since lost the desire to make this with this but now I'm thinking maybe I'll make this instead.

4 comments:

  1. I hate that moment when you start to frog something. Even if only partially. It turned out lovely though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, now you see it, now you don't ;) Your shawl looks even better now! Hope you figure out what do do with the blue yarn...happy knitting :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you were able to salvage the project and not completely rip it out. The shawl looks lovely. Good decision.

    I can't wait to see what you decide for the blue yarn.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow, look at you tweaking a pattern to get it to work out for the amount of yarn. Looks great!

    What are you going to use the black yarn for? Any ideas yet?

    ReplyDelete

Hey everyone,
Just wanted to thank you for taking the time out to leave me a comment. Happy reading!